Faithful Bible Study Guide

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cruikshank_s
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cruikshank_s

Guest
Hi all! I’m sure this is asked a lot, but I’m in need of a bit of help. I belong to an adult Bible study group at Church and for the past few years we’ve limited our once weekly meetings to discussing the next Sunday’s readings. Well, we’re looking to spread our wings a little and do a more in depth study of the Bible as a whole, and that means we will be needing new material.

We’re wanting to study the Bible in it’s entirety over a long period of time (one or two years?) and we want a book/guide to help us pick our weekly reading and give us some questions and discussion points. I was hoping Scott Hahn would have something maybe someone knows?? I know Home schoolers/Catholic High School kids use Scott Hahn’s textbook, but would that be useful/easy to navigate for a group bible study?? If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!!
 
two suggestions
Our Father’s Plan, the EWTN series by Scott Hahn and Jeff Cavins
available on DVD from Ignatius Press, and there is a study guide produced by a parish who used this, also from Ignatius, and it works very well for small groups, we have done it at least 3 times, there are 28 sessions and it covers all of salvation history and to my mind is the best, first, bible study, before launching into study of particular books or topics. That investment is about $50, with people paying for their own workbooks

Great Bible Adventure is Jeff Cavins taking that concept to a whole new level, there are versions for teens and children with supporting resources. These are from Ascension Press but are expensive, you are looking at an investment of almost $400 for the full program, so you had better have some commitment before you launch.

there is an 8-session intro program you might want to try before investing in the full program

third suggestion
the textbook on Scripture that is part of the Didache high school series from Midwest Theological Forum, sold through Ignatius–with workbooks–also through Catholics United for the Faith. This really is college level and very good for someone who wants to be that academic.
 
So is Our Father’s Plan laid out by topic or book? And does it break up into “lessons” so that at each meeting we could feel accomplished? 🙂
 
Hi all! I’m sure this is asked a lot, but I’m in need of a bit of help. I belong to an adult Bible study group at Church and for the past few years we’ve limited our once weekly meetings to discussing the next Sunday’s readings. Well, we’re looking to spread our wings a little and do a more in depth study of the Bible as a whole, and that means we will be needing new material.

We’re wanting to study the Bible in it’s entirety over a long period of time (one or two years?) and we want a book/guide to help us pick our weekly reading and give us some questions and discussion points. I was hoping Scott Hahn would have something maybe someone knows?? I know Home schoolers/Catholic High School kids use Scott Hahn’s textbook, but would that be useful/easy to navigate for a group bible study?? If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!!
Scott Hahn:

salvationhistory.com/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top