Family Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

• Thread starter Thread starter rescath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rescath

For those who believe that the Holy Father (together with all the bishops) has not yet heeded Our Lady’s requested to consecrate “Russia” to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, believe that the chastisement foretold by Our Lady of Fatima draws near – as Russia becomes more belligerent (and has shows absolutely no signs of “conversion” whatsoever), and who are worried for their families. There IS something you can do.

tradcathforum.com/showthread.php?t=9

God bless you all,

Whether you believe the Holy Father has consecrated Russia or not… it is important to consecrate your families to Jesus through Mary.

The very best tool for making the Family Consecration is available for free from the Apostolate for Family Consecration (AFC). They have made it finally clear and simple enough for children to understand as you make the consecration together as a family. Most of the material you can download for free, although they need your support so you can also buy some nicely bound material to help with the consecration.
Go to www.familyland.org and click on Family Consecration.

Great people, great apostolate, recognized by the Vatican. You can’t go wrong with the people at AFC.

While that’s certainly true, Our Blessed Mother told us at Fatima that God wished in particular at this time in history to establish devotion to Her Immaculate Heart.

She did not ask for Russia to be consecrated to Jesus through Her. She asked that the Holy Father would consecrate Russia “to Her Immaculate Heart.”

We needn’t keep paying lip service to the Protestants who not only disparage but even in some cases actively despise Our Blessed Mother Mary by constantly having to qualify everything with the “to Jesus through Mary” formula.

Short of actually calling Mary God and worshipping Her as such, we can never even come close to praising and honoring Her “too much” as many Protestants would have it.

Short of actually calling Mary God and worshipping Her as such, we can never even come close to praising and honoring Her “too much” as many Protestants would have it.
Our Lady, in her Magnificat, said “my soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour”. And then of course in the Gospel of John she tells the servants, “whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye”. Our Blessed Mother would only ask for devotion and consecration to her Immaculate Heart because God, in His wisdom, wills to bring everyone and, in the context of Fatima, Russia, to Himself. Our Lady never seeks her own glory. It is certainly possible to go overboard in one’s devotion to Mary and attribute to her that which she can not and does not do. I don’t think it’s giving lip service to protestants, I just think it’s correct theology.

Yes, it’s absolutely true that Our Blessed Mother refers everything back to God. She did not say, however, that SHE herself wanted to establish devotion to Her Immaculate Heart but that God did. God wills that we have devotion to Her Immaculate Heart. I guess that Our Blessed Mother at Fatima and God Himself did not employ the correct theological terminology. When we are devoted to Mary, we are drawn inexorably towards God.

We are so abysmally wretched that we are incapable of praising Her enough, much less too much. Again, short of actually calling Her God–i.e. attributing to Her divine attributes.

You know full well that when someone says that we should not consecrate ourselves to Mary but rather to Jesus through Mary then it’s not just “correct theology” but giving way to Protestant disparagement of Mary. It’s as though somehow we are supposed to “see right through” Mary and pretend that She doesn’t exist but is some illusion behind whom stands Jesus. We love God first and foremost, above all things, but we love Her too–in God and because of God–but we love Her as an individual person as well.

I’m not sure if you’re Eastern Rite, RyanML, but for example I see in your sig line a reference asking for Mary to have mercy. In the Roman Rite, that’s actually language reserved for God alone. So, for example, we would never ask Mary to “have mercy on us.” So we do have certain reserved words or language for God. Similarly, the words “adore” and “worship” would never be used towards Mary. But consecration and devotion and praise are all acceptable.

And you of course use the word Theotokos there to honor Our Blessed Mother.

I get so tired of hearing Catholics refer to Mary as Mother of Jesus just because it offends Protestant sensibilities to call Her Mother of God. Not that of course “Mother of Jesus” is strictly incorrect, but we all know what’s going on here.

And actually, RyanML, if you ARE Eastern Rite, then you probably haven’t been exposed to this constant disparagement of Our Blessed Mother to which Roman Rite Catholics are. I not infrequently attend Eastern Rite Divine Liturgies and this notion of toning down praise for Our Lady remains foreign to them. That sig line of yours, for example, would be soundly reject as being offensive to Protestant sensibilities.

I’m not sure if you’re Eastern Rite, RyanML, but for example I see in your sig line a reference asking for Mary to have mercy. In the Roman Rite, that’s actually language reserved for God alone. So, for example, we would never ask Mary to “have mercy on us.” So we do have certain reserved words or language for God. Similarly, the words “adore” and “worship” would never be used towards Mary. But consecration and devotion and praise are all acceptable.

And you of course use the word Theotokos there to honor Our Blessed Mother.

I get so tired of hearing Catholics refer to Mary as Mother of Jesus just because it offends Protestant sensibilities to call Her Mother of God. Not that of course “Mother of Jesus” is strictly incorrect, but we all know what’s going on here.
It is translated from the Syrian version of the “Sub tuum praesidium” which I prefer over that translated from the latin. Usually when we speak of the mercy of Mary we mean her compassion and love for souls, not that she has any ability to forgive sins.

And actually, RyanML, if you ARE Eastern Rite, then you probably haven’t been exposed to this constant disparagement of Our Blessed Mother to which Roman Rite Catholics are. I not infrequently attend Eastern Rite Divine Liturgies and this notion of toning down praise for Our Lady remains foreign to them. That sig line of yours, for example, would be soundly reject as being offensive to Protestant sensibilities.
I am not an Eastern Rite Catholic, but if I had the opportunity, I probably would. I love Eastern spirituality and liturgy. Unfortunately there are no Eastern Catholics in Arkansas and the only Divine Liturgy is at the Greek Orthodox Church.

What I love about Eastern Marian devotion is that it’s focal point is in Mary’s Divine Maternity. That she is the Theotokos, the “God-bearer”, is the foundation of everything else we believe about Our Lady. True devotion to Mary, as St. Louis de Montfort teaches, is always about greater union with the Most Holy Trinity. Without Him, Mary is nothing, less than an atom, to use his words. So I think it’s imperative that we understand Marian devotion in the context of greater union and intimacy with Our Lord. But I always like to think of Mary as not only my Mother, but as the best “prayer partner” I could have. Her life and example are the school where we can best learn how to magnify the Lord in our own lives. It’s really a relationship that we should have with Mary and the rest of the communion of Saints. They really are our heavenly cloud of witnesses. So much more than heavenly sign posts just pointing the way :rolleyes:

I am blessed with the opportunity to be able to attend both the Eastern Rite (Byantine/Ruthenian as well as Ukrainian) along with the Tridentine Latin Mass. I also used to enjoy the Maronite Rite, but they have started to do things like introducing altar girls – which I can’t really abide. At first the Eastern Rite seemed very strange and foreign but I have come to love them all.

It is translated from the Syrian version of the “Sub tuum praesidium” which I prefer over that translated from the latin. Usually when we speak of the mercy of Mary we mean her compassion and love for souls, not that she has any ability to forgive sins.
Oh, I understand. “Miserere” essentially means to have pity or compassion but over time in the Latin Rite became a reserved theological word for God.

I just want to bump this since October 13 is coming up and I think that it’s important that people see this.

I might post it on Sprituality as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back