family trouble

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jennifer_Lynn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer_Lynn

Guest
Hey everyone, I’ve been having a rough time with my family lately. All we do is fight lately. . .and usually it’s 3 against 1 (my parents, and my brother all against me) on everything. Lately I feel that my parents are just favoring my brother so much compared to me because he can do no wrong. He can do the same wrong thing I do, and I’ll get yelled at for it and he won’t. I bring it up and right away I’m told that I’m comparing myself to him.
We lost my brother a year ago in a motorcycle accident (it was his twin brother). . .I feel they just tip toe around him while I get the blunt of everything. I know they don’t want to make him more upset but I lost someone too and not having the easiest time with it either. This should be a time where my brother and I should become closer to one another and lately we have just been going opposite ways and splitting at the seams. He’ll just bring up things to get me in trouble and it’s not like we’re little kids anymore. I’m 23 and he’s 28, we’re adults. . .I feel like I’m the only one acting like an adult. When he wants something from me however he’s very quick to change his tune.
I just pray that we can all come together as a family and work things out. Until then, I just want to lock myself in my room and not talk to anyone. I know this was long but I guess I needed to get some things out. Please pray for my family. Thanks

*Jenn
 
Jenn, I feel for you as will anyone who reads your post.
I hope and pray that your family will begin to cope better with your brother’s loss, and that you will receive the consideration and love that is also your right.
I ask the Holy Spirit to inspire you all, and inspire you also somehow not to play into the pattern by appearing upset or engaging in all this.
May the Lord who loves you dearly, help you. I ask Him to help you find inner strenght, happiness and peace. Our happiness in the end depends on the decisions we make for ourselves not on others. May Jesus give you inspiration to implememnt this in your life
With love, Trishie
 
Hey everyone, I’ve been having a rough time with my family lately. All we do is fight lately. . .and usually it’s 3 against 1 (my parents, and my brother all against me) on everything. Lately I feel that my parents are just favoring my brother so much compared to me because he can do no wrong. He can do the same wrong thing I do, and I’ll get yelled at for it and he won’t. I bring it up and right away I’m told that I’m comparing myself to him.
We lost my brother a year ago in a motorcycle accident (it was his twin brother). . .I feel they just tip toe around him while I get the blunt of everything. I know they don’t want to make him more upset but I lost someone too and not having the easiest time with it either. This should be a time where my brother and I should become closer to one another and lately we have just been going opposite ways and splitting at the seams. He’ll just bring up things to get me in trouble and it’s not like we’re little kids anymore. I’m 23 and he’s 28, we’re adults. . .I feel like I’m the only one acting like an adult. When he wants something from me however he’s very quick to change his tune.
I just pray that we can all come together as a family and work things out. Until then, I just want to lock myself in my room and not talk to anyone. I know this was long but I guess I needed to get some things out. Please pray for my family. Thanks

*Jenn
Hi Jenn, I know what you feel because once I felt the same as you. I just have only one older brother and no sister.So I know exactly what you feel. But please pray and forgive your parents and your borther whatever they have done to you. You will feel more comfortable and feel God’s love more than you can imagine. It’s based on my experience. God bless and you are in my prayer
 
Jenn,
My heart goes out to you. While we haven’t lost a child, both my kids (in their teens) say the same thing as you. They think that we (parents) favor one kid over the other. That is not true. Kids are weak in certain areas and so we “hone in” on the area of the weakness of that particular child and make special allowances in that area. We do it for each kid. Both of them have weaknesses. They just don’t see it that way. At their age, they’re too into themselves. I’m not saying this is the case of you and your brother - at least not the part of selfishness. Only the part of each child being different. I will pray very hard for you, Jenn. You seem like a bright, and intelligent young woman. Stay strong and keep your eye on the Cross. It’s the only way!

Love,
Judi
 
First, so sorry about the loss of your brother in the accident. Will keep his soul in my prayers.

Will also pray for you and your family. Keep close to God and prayer. Although it’s hard, try to be extra kind to your family. Time will help heal, but I am sure you’re all under a lot of stress right now…

Take Care…
 
Praying for you sweetie. Stay strong, you are all still greiving.
 
prayers for you and your family , pray to st. anthony and the Holy Family. Today was the feast of the Holy Family.

kate
 
Praying for you and your family. May God keep u away from all harms and evils…I pray that God will fill you with the holy spirit and the wisdom to influence your family and guide them closer to God.
Iam happy that in times of trouble, ur seeking for God. God bless you. Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top