C
camero2010
Guest
Hello brother and sisters,
I have a question about fasting and abstaining in general. Ie. Not just during Lent.
I have been only eating one full meal (or what I consider a full meal) a day for almost eight years now and I also abstain from “land” meat (not fish) on Fridays. I have done this due to social, mood related and occasionally for monetary reasons.
I guess you can say that I am a loner and now that my wife has decided not to want to be married any longer I don’t have any one significant to share a social meal(s) with anymore. (I am Green card visa and don’t have any relatives here)
My daily calorie intake is already probably below the average recommended level, but due to a conservative metabolic rate (and getting used not eating), I am not underweight, but do constantly live with a low grade hunger most of the day, which I ignore.
Ok so here is what I need to clarify. My regular eating habits are already more severe than the church recommended “One full meals and two smaller meals”, so how should I fast and abstain with real meaning in my situation?
I have a question about fasting and abstaining in general. Ie. Not just during Lent.
I have been only eating one full meal (or what I consider a full meal) a day for almost eight years now and I also abstain from “land” meat (not fish) on Fridays. I have done this due to social, mood related and occasionally for monetary reasons.
I guess you can say that I am a loner and now that my wife has decided not to want to be married any longer I don’t have any one significant to share a social meal(s) with anymore. (I am Green card visa and don’t have any relatives here)
My daily calorie intake is already probably below the average recommended level, but due to a conservative metabolic rate (and getting used not eating), I am not underweight, but do constantly live with a low grade hunger most of the day, which I ignore.
Ok so here is what I need to clarify. My regular eating habits are already more severe than the church recommended “One full meals and two smaller meals”, so how should I fast and abstain with real meaning in my situation?