Fasting, more questions...about to begin

• Thread starter Thread starter compactdiss
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

compactdiss

Hello,
I had made a previous post about fasting. Since it is nearing midnight I had some more questions to ask. I’m about to begin my fast.
I understand the CCC says that we can just give something up, I guess it is not necessary to just drink water and eat bread but that is what I intend to do.
How about coffee?

I would recommend that you use a product with natural juice in order to keep your glucose levels high enough. The only brand I know of that has pure juice and little sodium is “Juicy Juice.” I have used this rather than just water since it keeps up your strength to work.

Also remember that you are not supposed to fast if you are pregnant, nursing or have a medical condition that will cause your health to be in jeopardy by fasting.

If you do have any of the above, your fasting defeats it’s intended purpose.

Hope this helps…

Fasting is very powerful. It can transform you, your prayers and whoever you fast for.

Here are two good articles on men fasting for their wives.
osv.com/periodicals/show-article.asp?pid=786
zenit.org/english/visualizza.phtml?sid=43662

Also check out www.e5men.com

Keep Colossians 1**:**24 in mind so you may unite your suffering with Christ’s to participate in your redemption and that of those you love by offering your suffering on their behalf.
usccb.org/nab/bible/colossians/colossians1.htm

My question is now on bread.

What type of bread do you eat?
I was in the supermarket yesterday and there was sourdough, raisin, whole wheat grain, parisian, boule.

What type of bread is acceptable? I would think something like raisin wouldn’t be because you are not eating bread alone.

Thanks-

40.png
compactdiss:
What type of bread is acceptable? I would think something like raisin wouldn’t be because you are not eating bread alone.

Thanks-
The Hermits of Bethlehem in the Heart of Jesus fast on B&W every Wednesday. The bread they are currently using is a dark grain bread with currents and nuts in it. Very substantial.

I find that a B&W fast with a dense, dark bread is more workable than with white bread. I get light-headed and stupid on white bread but can make it through the day better with a more nutrient-laden bread.

The HBHJ are permitted black coffee or tea on B&W days but for me, just as for the eucharistic fast, “water” means WATER: not coffee. Not juice. Not anything that would not be identified as water by a common-sense observer.

These things are not etched in stone. Pick your parameters and stick to them. The key is to make the offering of self. For example, if you decide that for your fast you will eat nothing at all but will drink juice, then THAT is your fast. If you decide to eat nothing but fruit and raw vegetables for three days, then THAT is your fast. Be patient with yourself and set goals that, together with the Holy Spirit, you are relatively certain you can achieve. Later you can work your way up to tougher things as the Spirit directs and requires…

http://www.e5men.org/pages/images/e5tmman-5.jpg

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Ephesians 5:25

e5 Men: HUSBANDS FASTING FOR WIVES

The e5 Man fasts for his bride to imitate Jesus as described by Saint Paul in his letter to the Ephesians, chapter 5 (for which e5 is named). Fasting is eating only bread and water.

Jesus made a bodily sacrifice on the cross for His Bride the Church to present her to God the Father “without spot or wrinkle.” (Eph 5:27) By fasting for our earthly bride and joining our sufferings to Christ’s we bring our brides to holiness. At the same time our act of bodily love in union with Christ accelerates our own conversion.

By making this sacrifice for the women in our lives we live out the essence of the gospel through a very particular act of self denial. To lay down one’s body out of love for another is the whole DNA of the gospel.

Click here to register as an e5 Man

Not ONLY For Married men

Membership is not limited to married men. For single men, their fast may be dedicated to their future bride. For widowers or those unlikely to get married, the beneficiary of their fasts may be for a deceased wife, a daughter, a sister, or a granddaughter, or any other women in great need. For the consecrated celibate man the benefit of their fast can be for the benefit of the community they serve or for consecrated celibate women.

E5 Men: Requirements

Except for medical reasons, the minimum requirements to be an e5 Man are that you:
  1. Be a baptized Christian man.
  2. Register with e5.
Click here to register now as an e5 Man
  1. Fast on plain bread and water at least one day a month for your bride for her spiritual growth and healing - preferably on the first Wednesday of the month.
MORE intentions of the e5 Man

The intentions of the e5 also include:
  1. All the other e5 Men’s brides or primary intention.
  2. For all the e5 Women registered with us.
  3. For all women sinned against by men.
4. For the petitions sent to us by women for women.
  1. And in general for all women.
Many e5 Men choose to fast more than once a month and often choose other beneficiaries for those days such as sisters, mothers, or friends. see e5 Special Forces.

Click here to Register as an e5 Man

OUR PRIVACY POLICY

Your postal address and e-mail address will never be sold to another organization. You will receive a monthly reminder e-mail with a short reflection several days before the first Wednesday of the month. From time to time you may receive other information from us that seems appropriate. In short, we will treat your personal information with respect.

please join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back