Fasting

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve_Girone
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve_Girone

Just curious how many people are observing the Blessed Mother’s call to fasting, and, if so, how often and what type. I for example am fasting on Wednesday and Friday on bread and water. Also, what are the difficulties you have experienced with fasting? Finally, does anyone have any advice on how to handle invitations to work-related functions (lunches/dinners) on fast days? Thanks.

Hey! I have been attempting to fast on Fridays, but for some reason I always give in around 7 at night or so. I know what you mean about work functions and such…my advice would just be to eat as little as you possibly can if you are in the situation where you are expected to eat something. Keep up the good work! Its great that you want to fast. Its a big sacrifice. Especially when you love food as much as I do. :o) Have a great day and GOD BLESS!!!

Steve Girone:
Just curious how many people are observing the Blessed Mother’s call to fasting, and, if so, how often and what type. I for example am fasting on Wednesday and Friday on bread and water. Also, what are the difficulties you have experienced with fasting? Finally, does anyone have any advice on how to handle invitations to work-related functions (lunches/dinners) on fast days? Thanks.
Great questions Steve. Your devotion is awesome!
I fast one day a week - bread and water (tea or maybe a coffee but nothing that gives me pleasure like a soda.)

Difficulties:
I tend to get tired easily at the end of the day and grumpy. I try to go to bed early on fasting days.

Advice on work related functions:
When I am invited to a work related function, I stick to a roll and water - and if asked, I use the excuse that my stomach is a bit “off”, not hungry today, or that I ate a large breakfast.

I have found that just by eating a roll and having something on my plate, some people do not even really notice.

If it is a big work event, like a Christmas party or such, I have moved my fast to another day. Moving the fast may not be your comfort level, however.

Dear friend

I have found that fasting is a good habit to acquire. It is afterall a habit, we are used to a plentiful life in the west and so to have more than one or two meals a day is the norm whereas else where in the world it is a luxury!

This is my permenant diet and this is what I eat almost everyday, I fast daily. I never take breakfast, just a drink. I rarely eat lunch, but sometimes depending on what I am doing and how much energy I require I may take a light lunch of just some bread and perhaps cheese. I always eat dinner everyday a full meal of whatever I desire. Not always but sometimes depending on what I am doing and what energy I require in the evenings I have a small snack usually bread and/or fruit and 2 glasses of wine. Throughout the day I take as much fluid as I like. The majority of the time I fast daily on one well balanced meal, but sometimes two. That is my diet. Don’t think I am wasting away either! I am quite chubby!!!😃 It is not a diet it is a perpetual fast that I am able to sustain mostly without hardship and as I am able to sustain it without any undue affects, then it must be my purpose to continue it with God’s grace.

Obviously if I am celebrating something I eat all I like, like I will this Christmas day!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMM:D

I offer the perpetual fast for various intentions, the fast is a prayer it is nothing unless it is a prayer, without it being a prayer it is of no purpose whatsoever.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Thanks to all for your replies, each one was helpful. May God continue to strengthen us each day to do His will, in Jesus name. Amen.

Hey, I just wanted to add my two cents. I find that every time I fast I get EXTREMELY tired, dizzy, and grumpy. I’m a little hyper and have a bit more energy than most people, so maybe with all the “moving around” I’m used to, I shouldn’t fast in the traditional “giving up food” way. So, instead, I do things like take cold showers, sleep on the floor, give up soda, and or not use salt/pepper on my food. Just a suggestion. 😃

I fast on Wednesdays. Bread, water and hot tea if I get cold. You should see the looks I get at lunch when I open my brown paper bag and it’s filled with toast and a water bottle. Yeah, around dinner I want a hot-dog or something, but I take my bread on bread sandwich with a smile anyways. Some demons can only be fought with prayer and fast. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back