Fatima Prayer means... what?

  • Thread starter Thread starter inHIMiTRUST85
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

inHIMiTRUST85

Guest
1st, thanks to all who comment, leave advice, suggestions, and opinions. Going through RCIA and this is forum is so helpful.

My friend is making the argument that the Fatima prayer suggests that although there will be consequences for our sins and offenses, all souls will eventually lead to heaven. Based on the prayer “save us from the fires of hell” and “ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE IN MOST NEED OF THY MERCY” Granting mercy to those in in need, even in hell…

He talks about the power of Marys intercession, and would Jesus says no to his mother? Ultimately, he believes God, somehow and someway, would never put a person in a position of no hope, even if in hell, God would still give them hope.

Any opinions? Id like to hope thats the case… also I don’t want to put God in a box…
Thanks!!
 
1st, thanks to all who comment, leave advice, suggestions, and opinions. Going through RCIA and this is forum is so helpful.

My friend is making the argument that the Fatima prayer suggests that although there will be consequences for our sins and offenses, all souls will eventually lead to heaven. Based on the prayer “save us from the fires of hell” and “ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE IN MOST NEED OF THY MERCY” Granting mercy to those in in need, even in hell…

He talks about the power of Marys intercession, and would Jesus says no to his mother? Ultimately, he believes God, somehow and someway, would never put a person in a position of no hope, even if in hell, God would still give them hope.

Any opinions? Id like to hope thats the case… also I don’t want to put God in a box…
Thanks!!
These thoughts are just my opinion…Those who are most in need are sinners who have rejected God but still have time to repent. The souls in hell have rejected God and, believe it or not are where they want to be. I know this makes no sense to most of us but they don’t want heaven.
 
Prayers are not magic. We entrust all souls to the mercy of God. We do not know the depths of God’s mercy. indeed, it’ sis said to be limitless.
So we pray, we have hope, and we wait. Be at peace.
 
Prayers are not magic. We entrust all souls to the mercy of God. We do not know the depths of God’s mercy. indeed, it’ sis said to be limitless.
So we pray, we have hope, and we wait. Be at peace.
This! 👍
 
The prayer asks; “save us FROM the fires of hell.”
Meaning;

Save us Jesus ffrom ever ending up in hell
(we must cooperate and be good too though)

“especially those who most need of Thy Mercy”

Means:
Especially Jesus please help those who are the worst sinners, living, dying at this moment, and those who are facing their Judgement because tthey have just died now.
May they he saved from the fires of hell.

Yes God’s Mercy is infinite, but the person MUST repent at least at the last moment to receive that mercy.
We still have to cooperate with God.

It can happen that due to you saying this prayer that a sinner is.saved who would otherwise have been lost, that God gave the sinner repentance at the last moment.
People can be.saved by.the skin of their teeth.
1st, thanks to all who comment, leave advice, suggestions, and opinions. Going through RCIA and this is forum is so helpful.

My friend is making the argument that the Fatima prayer suggests that although there will be consequences for our sins and offenses, all souls will eventually lead to heaven. Based on the prayer “save us from the fires of hell” and “ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE IN MOST NEED OF THY MERCY” Granting mercy to those in in need, even in hell…

He talks about the power of Marys intercession, and would Jesus says no to his mother? Ultimately, he believes God, somehow and someway, would never put a person in a position of no hope, even if in hell, God would still give them hope.

Any opinions? Id like to hope thats the case… also I don’t want to put God in a box…
Thanks!!
 
1st, thanks to all who comment, leave advice, suggestions, and opinions. Going through RCIA and this is forum is so helpful.

My friend is making the argument that the Fatima prayer suggests that although there will be consequences for our sins and offenses, all souls will eventually lead to heaven. Based on the prayer “save us from the fires of hell” and “ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE IN MOST NEED OF THY MERCY” Granting mercy to those in in need, even in hell…

He talks about the power of Marys intercession, and would Jesus says no to his mother? Ultimately, he believes God, somehow and someway, would never put a person in a position of no hope, even if in hell, God would still give them hope.

Any opinions? Id like to hope thats the case… also I don’t want to put God in a box…
Thanks!!
Even though as devout Catholic Christians we endeavor to understand God, we fall woefully short in our understanding. No one knows for sure who gets to heaven or goes to purgatory or even hell. We believe we understand God’s laws but we are not God Who will make the final judgement.

That said, “save us from the fires of hell” seems pretty evident. We plea with God that His Mercy and Grace will keep us from sinning so much that we end up in hell. Similar to the phrase “and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil” at the end of Our Lord’s prayer.

“especially those in most need of Your Mercy” is a bit unclear to myself as well. Obviously, we’re ALL in need of God’s Mercy so who would God consider in “most need”? Repentant sinners? I’m thinking they know their sins and are trying to avoid repeating them and are seeking Absolution through the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

How about those who don’t know their actions are sins? Does perfect ignorance exclude them from “most in need”? If they honestly don’t know it’s a sin, how can they choose to sin or not sin?

How about sinners who AREN’T repentant? Say, those who continue to sin, know they are sinning, but choose to continue sinning for whatever reason they can justify? To me, those sound like the most likely of people that would be “most in need.” They are headed for sure doom yet they don’t care to change their ways.

I’ve heard it explained that even at the last possible moment, when our souls are ready to leave our bodies and just before death, God will ask us one final time “Do you believe?” Those who have led horrible lives can save themselves by answering “Yes, Lord! I believe!” They may have to be purified in purgatory first but they will eventually make it to heaven. But there are those, even after God gives them a last chance, refuse to accept Him; they will be cast into hell to await the General Judgement when all bodies are reunited with their souls and God allows the faithful to enter heaven while the evil will be sent to hell.

Does that make sense?
 
Anyone can be forgiven anything x those who commit a sin against the Holy Spirit.
Then, we ask what is a sin against the Holy Spirit? Jesus said," You can blaspheme my name but do not commit the sin against the Holy Spirit.
Billy Graham stated," if you are worried that you committed the sin against the Holy Spirit, you haven’t committed it. Meaning You are still wanting a relationship w Jesus and don’ want to be kept away from Him forever.
I feel it is arrogance and pride. When you have an alcoholic and he still is drinking but keeps saying," God I am so sorry, help me get out of this hole w alcohol( substitute any addiction here-food, drugs) vs. The alcoholic who keeps drinking and states, “I don’t need help, I don’t want help. I don’t need or want God.” Now, he might have a problem.
The Fatima prayer is one of my favorites. But right along w this prayer is the Chaplet of Mercy. Research this prayer and the life of St.Sr Faustina. Jesus states He is so full of mercy he is on fire on the inside. "Tell the people, He told Faustina, of my mercy. If this prayer is said by us while we are dying we will not go to hell. Maybe purgatory or heaven. If prayed for someone w even the most hardened heart at his bedside at the time of His death, he will not be sent to hell but will go to purgatory. Jesus said there are 2 roads to heaven. one is judgement and one is mercy. I will run to mercy.

I had a near death experience 3 months ago. A paralytic nightmare. I couldn’t move my body but could think. I was screaming in my head, " Help me Mike(my husband) repeat that three times. I, finally, felt I was dying and prayed, “Dear Jesus forgive me my sins and pour out your mercy.” Practice in your mirror till you have it sealed in your soul those precious words. So, I was glad for the NDE. My husband only heard me mumbling and kept hitting me in my head to wake me up. I had a headache. BUT I WAS ALIVE.

“The powerful prayer of a righteous man availith much”. " The word of God does not return void." Jesus suffered much to bring us home to be w Him and His Father and the Holy Spirit.
My lenton sacrifice is studying the life of St. Sr Faustina. So tender,So sweet.
You know if you google St. Bernadette you will see her body which had not decomposed decades after her death. She is so beautiful.
As a new Catholic, this new life and journey, walking w Jesus is wonderful.Welcome home, dear Child of God.

in Christs love,
tweedlealice:):dancing::signofcross::gopray2::angel1::hug1::blessyou:❤️
 
This is the way I think of it, and someone correct me if rhis somehow goes against Church teaching. I always pray for my relatives who have died. I pray that at the moment of their death (which I know is past), that God will grant them perfect contrition for all of their sins and they will not go to hell. Now, it is my understanding or belief that since God knows EVERYTHING, and since He is not bound by the constraints of time, that He would have known at the time of my loved ones’ deaths that I would be saying all of these prayers for them (masses too). Because of this, even though they died in the past, God would have the ability to sort of “apply” the prayers that I would say in the future to these individuals and their situations, and that perhaps my prayers can somehow make a difference at the moment of death for that person in the past so that they never have to endure hell. It’s not that the prayer get anyone OUT of hell, but that maybe they can prevent someone (even someone who has already died) from ever going there in the first place.

I came to this after reading about a physicist who explained that there may be at least 14 dimensions, Time being just one. And while we view time as being linear, with one event occurring after another (since we exist inside of time), God would view everything as happening all at once, as He is looking at it from the OUTSIDE. This is how He knows everything that is going to happen without actually predesigning it Himself. He knows what I will do because He has already seen it from the outside, but He doesn’t actually infringe on my free will to do it. It actually explained a lot for me, including solving the paradox of pre-destination and explaining why it makes sense to pray for the dead.
 
“…those most in need” …now who would that be? Who do you think Satan will attack the most? …Priests…priests…priests. They are some of the most needy because strike the shepherd and the sheep are lost. Satan is coming at them with full tooth and nail.

So the next time you pray “for those most in need”, remember your prayer is going for your parish priests.
 
1st, thanks to all who comment, leave advice, suggestions, and opinions. Going through RCIA and this is forum is so helpful.

My friend is making the argument that the Fatima prayer suggests that although there will be consequences for our sins and offenses, all souls will eventually lead to heaven. Based on the prayer “save us from the fires of hell” and “ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE IN MOST NEED OF THY MERCY” Granting mercy to those in in need, even in hell…

He talks about the power of Marys intercession, and would Jesus says no to his mother? Ultimately, he believes God, somehow and someway, would never put a person in a position of no hope, even if in hell, God would still give them hope.

Any opinions? Id like to hope thats the case… also I don’t want to put God in a box…
Thanks!!
Lukewarm souls, fallen Catholics, atheists etc.
 
Anyone can be forgiven anything x those who commit a sin against the Holy Spirit.
Then, we ask what is a sin against the Holy Spirit? Jesus said," You can blaspheme my name but do not commit the sin against the Holy Spirit.
Billy Graham stated," if you are worried that you committed the sin against the Holy Spirit, you haven’t committed it. Meaning You are still wanting a relationship w Jesus and don’ want to be kept away from Him forever.
I feel it is arrogance and pride. When you have an alcoholic and he still is drinking but keeps saying," God I am so sorry, help me get out of this hole w alcohol( substitute any addiction here-food, drugs) vs. The alcoholic who keeps drinking and states, “I don’t need help, I don’t want help. I don’t need or want God.” Now, he might have a problem.
The Fatima prayer is one of my favorites. But right along w this prayer is the Chaplet of Mercy. Research this prayer and the life of St.Sr Faustina. Jesus states He is so full of mercy he is on fire on the inside. "Tell the people, He told Faustina, of my mercy. If this prayer is said by us while we are dying we will not go to hell. Maybe purgatory or heaven. If prayed for someone w even the most hardened heart at his bedside at the time of His death, he will not be sent to hell but will go to purgatory. Jesus said there are 2 roads to heaven. one is judgement and one is mercy. I will run to mercy.

I had a near death experience 3 months ago. A paralytic nightmare. I couldn’t move my body but could think. I was screaming in my head, " Help me Mike(my husband) repeat that three times. I, finally, felt I was dying and prayed, “Dear Jesus forgive me my sins and pour out your mercy.” Practice in your mirror till you have it sealed in your soul those precious words. So, I was glad for the NDE. My husband only heard me mumbling and kept hitting me in my head to wake me up. I had a headache. BUT I WAS ALIVE.

“The powerful prayer of a righteous man availith much”. " The word of God does not return void." Jesus suffered much to bring us home to be w Him and His Father and the Holy Spirit.
My lenton sacrifice is studying the life of St. Sr Faustina. So tender,So sweet.
You know if you google St. Bernadette you will see her body which had not decomposed decades after her death. She is so beautiful.
As a new Catholic, this new life and journey, walking w Jesus is wonderful.Welcome home, dear Child of God.

in Christs love,
tweedlealice:):dancing::signofcross::gopray2::angel1::hug1::blessyou:❤️
I never discussed the Fatima prayer which is “Dear Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in need of your mercy…” God doesn’t want us to go to hell. We each have a relatiionship w Him. Some are running to God and some are dragging their feet. When we are dying, someone saying a rosary w this prayer pours out His mercy on us. The Chaplet of Mercy has more power, I feel. When these are said, the mercy keeps out of hell but we will be somewhere in Purgatory, I guess.We need to train our last words to be FORGIVE ME AND SEND YOUR MERCY DOWN ON ME, PLEASE FATHER. IF YOU’RE DYING FAST=FORGIVE ME/MERCY.

God help us live our live w you to be seen as you. We are the light of the world, may our light be seen among men. So they may come and worship you and give glory to God.

in Christs love
tweedlealice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top