Favorite comic book

  • Thread starter Thread starter dessert
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
John “Grimjack” Gaunt

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimjack

“Sweet cynical Cynosure, the pan-dimensional city where the multi-verse meets. Technology works here, magics works there, swords work everywhere”

Tough-guy detective in a science-fiction & fantasy mixup–and was pleased to find out co-creator John Ostrander once trained for the priesthood–like Martin Scorcease
 
Is that Mr. Easterman in Elaine Belloc, I read what there is on the wiki about the book.
 
Did you have a favorite comic book?

Did you feel it connected you to a religion?

Did you ever study to see where it came from?

Did you like marvel or DC comic books best?
I used to like Shalom-Man back when I was not religious and still a zionist…but since I turned against zionism and became more religious, I began to see the zionist propaganda in Shalom-Man and stopped buying it for my kids.

For more info see: wfmu.org/LCD/26/shalom.html
 
I used to like Shalom-Man back when I was not religious and still a zionist…but since I turned against zionism and became more religious, I began to see the zionist propaganda in Shalom-Man and stopped buying it for my kids.

For more info see: wfmu.org/LCD/26/shalom.html
That is really different, and this is the reasons we started talking about superman. What do you think is the compared zionist to christians culture? But this is off topic a bit.
 
When I was a kid I had a stack of comic books and mom made me throw them away when we moved to Florida. I’m 41 and I still tell her about my feelings about that. Spiderman was my favorite but I liked The Hulk, Ironman, Fantastic Four, and Captain America. Never was I in DC comics. I found the Essential Spiderman series and I’m hooked on them. I got a question. Do you think Captain America was a liberal or a conservative? I think the Marvel movies rock. Loved Ironman but it could of left out the sex scenes. Got to go now. My wife is taking me to see The Hulk for Fathers Day.
 
Thanks for that cartoon picture it printed well after I clicked on the picture to make it larger easier to read. I put it out where my hubby could see it and he read it. We discussed the old days and the morals. I’m going to get him some old comic books I see they have some on the internet.
 
for me it has never been a specific comic book ,but the artists’ work I loved. Be it Frank Frazetta, Alex Raymond(Flash Gordon,Jungle Jim,secret Agent X9), Matt Baker (Flamingo), Hal Foster(Prince Valiant) and especially the graphic novels of Will Eisner(to the Heart of the storm,New York The big City,Dropsie Avenue, A contract with God to name a few). My favorite artist though Is my Husband Gerry Acerno , who is a professional commercial artist. Anyone remember Power Man and Iron Fist,Secret Origins and more recently ‘Shadow Lady’ in Big Bang Comics.
You can view his great talent at www.comicartfans.com
search under artist for Gerry Acerno.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top