Favorite prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter huskerfan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskerfan

What is your favorite prayer? Does not have to be traditional…just your favorite.

Too many! But here is one that I like a lot (not saying it’s my favorite, but it’s up there…)

Behold me, my beloved Jesus, weighed down under the burden of my trials and sufferings, I cast myself at Your feet, that You may renew my strength and my courage, while I rest here in your presence. Permit me to lay down my cross in Your sacred Heart, for only Your infinite goodness can sustain me; only Your love can help me bear my cross; only Your powerful hand can lighten its weight. O Divine King Jesus, whose heart is so compassionate to the afflicted, I wish to live in You; suffer and die in You. During my life, be to me my model and my support; at the hour of my death, be my hope and refuge. Amen.

I say one every night praying for my continued growth in faith and a special private intention that I say every night just before I go to bed. I’d love to share, but I think it’s really between me, God, and one other person. Let’s just say it is a good way to end my day thinking about God and the person who I love the most in my life.

Eamon

I love the Memorare - especially the line never has it been known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Now that’s my Mama 👍

Prayer of St. Ignatius of Loyola…

TAKE, O Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding, and my whole will.
Thou hast given me all that I am
and all that I possess:
I surrender it all to Thee that
Thou mayest dispose of it according to Thy will.
Give me only Thy love and Thy grace;
with these I will be rich enough,
and will have no more to desire. Amen.

40.png
huskerfan:
What is your favorite prayer? Does not have to be traditional…just your favorite.
My favorite would have to be the Lord’s Prayer, the Our Father, because this prayer was given to us from God, when we were told “This is how you are to pray…”.

**Matthew **6:9-13

40.png
deaconswife:
I love the Memorare - especially the line never has it been known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Now that’s my Mama 👍
Me too, but Hail Holy Queen is a REAL close second.

pATER nOSTER

and The Prayer of St. Francis the prayer of peace. Sadly i cant memorize that prayer.

We have a family prayer that we recite after the rosary.

*O Jesus behold our family prostrate before thee.Once more do we concecrate ourselves to thee,our trials and joys. That our home like thine would be shine of peace, purity, love labor, and faith. Do thou protect and bless all of us absent and present, living and dead.

O Mary, loving Mother of Jesus, and our Mother. Pray to Jesus for our family and all the families of the world. To guard the cradle of the newborn, the schools of the young and their vocations.

O Joseph, holy guardian of Jesus and Mary. Assist us by thy prayers in all the necessities of life. Ask of Jesus that special grace which he granted to thee. To watch over our home, at the pillow of the sick and the dying. So that with Mary and thee heaven may find our family unbroken in the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Amen*

The Anima Christi (duh): “Soul of Christ, sanctify me . . .” I always pray it after communion.

Hail Holy Queen. There are a lot of great ones, but that one has special meaning for me. When I came back to the Church and began fumbling through the rosary (child of the seventies that I was, I had never been taught how to say it, we were busy making collages),
I had to memorize it.
It still symbolizes the rosary for me.

Anima Christi:
The Anima Christi (duh): “Soul of Christ, sanctify me . . .” I always pray it after communion.
I love how it sounds in Latin.👍

The Te Deum. With the Anglican words - what wonderful language!

Betsy

I love the Prayer of St. Francis, especially because it reminds me how to become more Christlike.

One day, while saying it, I came across the line, “for it is in pardoning, that we are pardoned…”, and I almost fell off the treadmill (I was exercising, of course).

I know I’ve said the Lord’s Prayer (“as we forgive those…”) and the Prayer of St. Francis thousands of times, but this time it struck me, because I had a co-worker that I couldn’t forgive for over 6 months. I met with him, soon therafter and we reconciled. I realized that by forgiving him, I was ending the anger that was consuming me, and thus was able to turn back to God with an open heart.

NotWorthy

I’ve always thought the Hail Holy Queen was a beautiful prayer. I love the words and the imagery it provides. My favorite I think though is the St. Francis prayer. I remember learning it in elementary school.

Oh My! There are more prayers I love than there are stars in the sky…

**The Rosary

Prayer Before A Crucifix

The Golden Arrow

Chaplet of Mercy

Novena To The Sacred Heart of Jesus**

But my favorite Prayer for before the Blessed Sacrament is
**Devotion in Honor Of The Five Holy Wounds. **
This Prayer brings me to tears everytime I pray it. It is a powerful meditation prayer because you are recognizing each of Our Lords Wounds.

Sacred Heart Of Jesus, Thy Kingdom Come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back