Favorite Really Awesome Music Videos

  • Thread starter Thread starter awfulthings9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand that “song” that you posted… it was a lot of yelling.

This one is really awesome for me…

Paul Revere & The Raiders – 1979 Reunion

That reunion was done 12 years after the last time they had performed together.

========================

Paul has a MySpace where you can listen to samples of more recent music he’s made. I like the Tokyo Blues song.

==================

Currently, he broadcasts IN PERSON at KHITS, a Portland, OR radio station on Saturday nights from 7 to 11 PM, Pacific Time . That station also Webstreams – so anybody anywhere can use their computer to listen to that station live.
 
I don’t understand that “song” that you posted… it was a lot of yelling.
The thing you have to get about the Beasty Boys is that they were the original white rappers, and they were intentionally over the top in their act to be white guys trying to be cool. Watching the video, you have to pay attention to their facial expressions and gestures to see it. While they were somewhat popular for their songs, there is a certain element of their music which is parody of the “yelling” nature of that era of rap. And the songs were often nonsensical, on top of that. They were purposely empty of meaning.

Any other videos?
 
Bro is really getting hammered on L & S because I’m not “with it” with contemporary praise and worship. Lest anyone thinks Bro is an old fogey, this is Steeleye Span, a British folk rock group which is still recording and DW and I and our two sons still listen to:

youtube.com/watch?v=jdU2X_d5vAg

youtube.com/watch?v=23TS-LKMRWE

youtube.com/watch?v=N58hw__JOlk

youtube.com/watch?v=fo3VxbJ0RJ4

Steeleye Span has been the “soundtrack” of our life since 1976. You’ld probably laugh to see DW and I driving down the highway singing at the top of our lungs. 😃 We like British folk rock.
 
The thing you have to get about the Beasty Boys is that they were the original white rappers, and they were intentionally over the top in their act to be white guys trying to be cool. Watching the video, you have to pay attention to their facial expressions and gestures to see it. While they were somewhat popular for their songs, there is a certain element of their music which is parody of the “yelling” nature of that era of rap. And the songs were often nonsensical, on top of that. They were purposely empty of meaning.

Any other videos?
Yeah, I knew that already. I remember when they came onto the music scene. What I meant to convey is that I cannot make out what any of the words that they’re singing/yelling even are. None of them.
 
Yeah, I knew that already. I remember when they came onto the music scene. What I meant to convey is that I cannot make out what any of the words that they’re singing/yelling even are. None of them.
That’s a shame, because the lyrics are really beautiful. And deep:

Well They Call Me Mike D
The Ever Loving Man I’m Like Spoonie Gee I’m
The Metropolitician You Scream And You Holler
About My Chevy Impala
But The Sweat Is Getting Wet Around The Ring Around
Your Collar
But Like A Dream I’m Flowing Without No Stopping
Sweeter Than A Cherry Pie With Ready Whip Topping

Here’s a classic: Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
 
I wanted to post the Saturday Night Live ‘Radio Radio’ incident with Elvis Costello, but NBC has been remarkably thorough about getting that off the net. If you haven’t seen it and run into it, watch it. Anyway, on with the rest – that we can remember so far:

Rockit, live, Herbie Hancock with Grandmaster Flash. Here is the original video, which is also quite something, but that live performance is amazing. Seriously, it’s up there with the entirety of the Talking Heads’ Stop Making Sense concert.

Speaking of the Grandmaster, The Message is an absolute classic.

DEVO - Beautiful World. Join the spuds.

Del tha Funkee Homosapien - Mistadobalina.

For a little reggaeton, kinda, The Whitest Kids U Know - Let’s Wake Up The Neighbors. It’s a stitch, and if you got sick of hearing ‘Gasolina’ all the time, you’ll appreciate it.

Project Pitchfork - Timekiller. The song has yet to be surpassed by any other darkwave artists, and the video… well, if you saw Cronenberg’s Naked Lunch it’ll be familiar.

Ladytron - Evil. It’s… unusual, and beautiful.

The Girl From Ipanema. You may think you know this song, but KOMPRESSOR knows it differently.

Die Toten Hosen - Kein Alkohol ist auch Keine Loesung. Funniest music video I’ve ever seen, brilliantly shot, and DTH just rock. Don’t worry if you don’t speak German, the message gets across just fine.

Korol i Shut - Proklyaktiy Stariy Dom. Russian fairytale punk, and just plain fun.

For the sublimely weird, Agata Kristi - Opium Dlya Nikogo. Yeah, we like mopey Russian rock.

And The Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker, in a way you’ve probably never heard it before. Brace yourself 😉
 
‘One’ by Metallica. I don’t have a link, I may try n find one later.
 
Bro is really getting hammered on L & S because I’m not “with it” with contemporary praise and worship. Lest anyone thinks Bro is an old fogey, this is Steeleye Span, a British folk rock group which is still recording and DW and I and our two sons still listen to:

youtube.com/watch?v=jdU2X_d5vAg

youtube.com/watch?v=23TS-LKMRWE

youtube.com/watch?v=N58hw__JOlk

youtube.com/watch?v=fo3VxbJ0RJ4

Steeleye Span has been the “soundtrack” of our life since 1976. You’ld probably laugh to see DW and I driving down the highway singing at the top of our lungs. 😃 We like British folk rock.
I thought I was the only one 😃
 
I thought I was the only one 😃
Naw…I was a DJ at my university radio station in the early 80s… I used spin Steeleye Span during the “folk hour” every morning. My fave so far is “The King” from the album Please to See the King.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top