• Thread starter Thread starter nkelly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nkelly

Hello Folks,

I thought it would be nice to hear from a few people about their
favourite Novena and whether their prayers were answered.

Personally I haven’t prayed very many novenas. I made a real effort to pray to Divine Mercy novena last Easter beginning on Good Friday but unfortunately I then couldn’t make it to the Mercy Sunday mass and confessions etc. That was a real bummer…

I also prayed the Sacred Heart novena and this appears to have worked!

God bless you all and may all your novenas be heard and answered!
Noel.

I also do not pray novenas much, but I will change that.

In my town, we have had the Tridentine mass for around 20 years. Things were tough, little support from the bishop and parishes, never finding a full time priest.
Last year, the community said a novena to St Philomena, for her intersession.
well, a year later, we have been given a fulltime FSSP priest, and mass every sunday. and of last week, we now have mass every day!! Now the community growing by leaps and bounds, I see new faces every sunday.
Quite a sudden turnaround from the last 20 years.

Here’s one of my favorite novenas to St. Joseph, the foster father of Jesus. I especially love the idea of contemplating Jesus sleeping in his arms, and asking St. Joseph to kiss the sleeping baby Jesus for me.

O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach you while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back