Fear for the salvation of others?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Walterross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Walterross

Guest
Hi everyone,
I recently read a vision of hell by St. John Bosco and I have been very scared for my salvation. I’ve went to confession and have achieved a state of grace. One thing that has stuck with me is the fact that Jesus said the way to Heaven is the narrow way. I am very fearful for other people in the world: all sinners. I’m scared for myself, but more so those who are not currently in a state of grace. Especially my family and friends. I can’t help but want to go out telling everyone I know and everyone in the streets to read this vision and repent but I’m not sure that would be the best way, and others will dismiss this as being a Jesus freak and not take it seriously. I’m very scared for all of our salvations. It get’s me sad and scared. Anybody else feel this way? I know God probably wants me to be hopeful but if everything of sin is so black and white, I can’t see many people being saved. It’s depressing.
 
Pray, for where sin abounds, God’s grace abounds all the more. As the world has forgotten God, God has given us all the more graces to convert sinners: The Fatima Prayers, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, Devotion to the Sacred Heart, a great number of signs, and many other devotions too numerous to count.
 
You should just pray for sinners and trust in God. Worrying solves nothing, is not productive, and is a waste of your time. Plus it is unnecessary if you are really trying to do God’s will and putting your trust in him. Padre Pio said “Pray, Hope and Don’t Worry”.
 
Last edited:
I understand that we should pick up these devotions regularly but wouldn’t the other person’s free will override any prayers that we pray on their behalf? I want to think of God as someone who would allow the prayers of others to help someone at judgement, however I’m not sure if that’s reasonable. We can wish right?
 
While it’s true that people can spurn grace obtained by the sacrifices of others, many are converted by it.
 
What comforts me is knowing that no one is “sent to hell”. People choose hell. We simply love those around us, do good works, and pray for them. Let the Holy Spirit do the work of conversion. If they choose to reject Christ, Christ will respect their decision.
 
The vision only confirms what Jesus said:
‘How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it!’- Matthew 7:14
 
Hi everyone,
I recently read a vision of hell by St. John Bosco and I have been very scared for my salvation. I’ve went to confession and have achieved a state of grace. One thing that has stuck with me is the fact that Jesus said the way to Heaven is the narrow way. I am very fearful for other people in the world: all sinners. I’m scared for myself, but more so those who are not currently in a state of grace. Especially my family and friends. I can’t help but want to go out telling everyone I know and everyone in the streets to read this vision and repent but I’m not sure that would be the best way, and others will dismiss this as being a Jesus freak and not take it seriously. I’m very scared for all of our salvations. It get’s me sad and scared. Anybody else feel this way? I know God probably wants me to be hopeful but if everything of sin is so black and white, I can’t see many people being saved. It’s depressing.
“Although He is greatly upset by our offenses, God, in His infinite goodness, puts up with us, spreads a veil over our sins, and waits for us to repent.” --St. John Bosco

“When someone is critically ill, I don’t tell him to prepare for death, for such an approach would hardly allay his fears. Rather, I insist that we are all in God’s Hands, that God is the best Father we could possibly wish for; ever watching over us, ever knowing what is best for us. I urge the patient to abandon himself to Him, just as a child does with his father, and to be tranquil. This allays the patient’s fear of death. He is delighted by the thought that his fate is in God’s hands and he peacefully waits for God to do as He wills in His infinite goodness.” --St. John Bosco

You have been moved to concern for the souls of others, which is a great grace. The first thing is to pray, do penance and practice charity for the sake of mercy for lost souls. Then you will know whether or not you have a call to preach the Gospel to those who have strayed. If you are sent by God rather than sending yourself, I don’t think you’ll be concerned about being thought a “freak” of any kind.
 
I remember being probably 11 years old, going to a protestant church in my hometown amd being shown the series
Left Behind. We watched it and I was sick with worry, for my dad specifically.
Now, I still pray that my Dad receives the gift of faith and I pray for him to lead hisfamily, wife and children to faith,and I pray for their salvation. .
So I understand your worry.
But that is calling you to action, make sacrifices for the salvation of souls. You are called to pray for them. And your prayers do count.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top