Feast of Cardboard Boxes

• Thread starter Thread starter Buford
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buford

About 16 years ago, about this time of year, I was in a low point in my life. I was just separated from a woman I loved, my income was cut in half and I needed to move out of our house. I also needed a few hundred cardboard boxes that I could not afford to move my stuff. The only good note was I was a fresh boomerang Catholic.

In loneliness and out of options I stopped by my Church after work to pray for cardboard boxes and these annoying church secretaries were making a noisy fuss dispensing the new missals for the next liturgical years while I was trying to pray.

It was tough to pray through the din, but then they came over and said “You must be stronger and healthier than we are, why don’t you unpack and distribute the missals?” Well it is a real big church and before I left I ended up with 2 pickup truck loads of flat folded boxes, all the same size and perfect for moving.

Since then Christ doesn’t always answer my prayers so quickly. But I know He hears my prayers and has a plan.

40.png
Buford:
The only good note was I was a fresh boomerang Catholic.
Being one, I like that better than “revert.” I think it took me about three tries to come back, kinda like quitting smoking. 😛

But I’ve been back for good for about 15 years, thank God.

That’s a great tale, Buford. I’d love to have a few of my prayers answered so quickly.

I always felt close to St Paul, my conversion having something to do with being knocked on/off my donkey.

One hour a year I had to go to church and pray for boxes, and by the grace of God I picked the right hour.

Scripture tells us, it was not us who choose Christ but Christ who choose us. Isn’t that the truth?
I only had to revert or boomerang once, it was like a holy mugging.
That’s a great tale, Buford. I’d love to have a few of my prayers answered so quickly.
I still have a list in the pending file, but I am stunned at the stuff that has been answered. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back