Feast of Saint John the Baptist

• Thread starter Thread starter iamrefreshed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iamrefreshed

Tomorrow is the Feast of Saint John the Baptist. At Mass this morning our Priest said that this was a great feast celebrated around the world. Unfortunately, here in the US that is not the case.

I am curious if there are any of my international brothers and sisters out there who will be celebrating this feast?

If so, how and where? Is there a procession, parade, celebration?

I would love to hear about it!

Yes, certainly is a feast day here (in England & Wales). We, in common with most of Holy Mother Church do not displace such feast days to the Sunday which I believe is the custom in US? 😉

No parades though - never has been a tradition of that here, apart from Corpus Christi and some of the days associated with BVM. I guess that some parishes of St. John the Baptist will have something ‘special’ - maybe a party or something.

Mass Readings will be Isaiah 49:1-6; Ps 136; Acts 13:22-26; Lk 1:57-66,80
I am honoured in the sight of the Lord

And next Wednesday we (all?) celebrate Ss. Peter & Paul feast day. :clapping:

Yes, My family will consider a proper way of celebrating the Lords servent John The Baptist. Only problem is, I don’t know how. He was humble. He didn’t need things of this earth. A humble meal with Thanks, and a reading to consider His call sounds good.
Thank You for the reminder, Tim

No pomp and circumstance before the Mass, but we will DEFINETLY be celebrating it.

As the reader for tomorrows Mass, I’ve already read over the passages etc.

And yes, I am in the good ole U.S. of A.

40.png
SHJ-BVM:
No pomp and circumstance before the Mass, but we will DEFINETLY be celebrating it.

As the reader for tomorrows Mass, I’ve already read over the passages etc.

And yes, I am in the good ole U.S. of A.
Just returned from Mass here in Southern California and we most definitely celebrated the Feast, with all the bells and whistles of a Solemnity. Spoke with my pastor afterwards and he even commented on the “great turn-out” we had. Many more people came than usually attend our daily Mass.
In His love,
Rhonda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back