Feeding the 4000. Why did the apostles doubt Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
Jesus fed 5000 people with a tiny amount of food so when 4000 needed to be fed with a tiny amount of food why didn’t they have faith as they had recently seen the same miracle?
 
Last edited:
They did not realise who Jesus really was at that point, for the most. Would be my guess.
 
The saying of for those that believe, no evidence is necessary and for those that do not, no amount of evidence is enough (paraphrasing). At that time they still didn’t completely believe. When it comes to faith, we can be extremely slow sometimes. Just looking at myself as a prime example.
 
No offence but if I saw someone turn one loaf of bread into ten and the next time we were hungry we only had one loaf, the first thought I would have would be for this person to do it again.
 
Well for that matter, we can take this a step further. His disciples witnessed Jesus raising the widow of Nain’s son. And he repeated it twice more by raising Jairus’ daughter, and Lazarus!
 
I kind of believe the miracle only occurred once. Just recorded twice. It is recorded in all 4 gospels. I know it is recorded twice in one of the gospels? 🤔
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top