feel stupid!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Path
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Path

I just finished reading Dr. Scott Hahn’s book the Lambs supper. In it he shows where When Jesus was on the cross and he said My God My God why have thou forsaken me? I was told when I was younger that he was showing his human side by despairing but (duh) Dr. Hahn shows where he was stating the 22nd Psalm the prophecy of his last days. This was enlightening to say the least because I was always disapointed that Christ suffered so much and never spoke against anyone, to despair at the last hour made no sense. Maybe someone else will profit from my ignorance. Reading the 22nd Psalm was truly amazing!!

40.png
Path:
I just finished reading Dr. Scott Hahn’s book the Lambs supper. In it he shows where When Jesus was on the cross and he said My God My God why have thou forsaken me? I was told when I was younger that he was showing his human side by despairing but (duh) Dr. Hahn shows where he was stating the 22nd Psalm the prophecy of his last days. This was enlightening to say the least because I was always disapointed that Christ suffered so much and never spoke against anyone, to despair at the last hour made no sense. Maybe someone else will profit from my ignorance. Reading the 22nd Psalm was truly amazing!!
that’s ok though… here in these forums we make up for lost ground on his part… we talk against anyone who doesn’t act or believe just like we think they should… sound like the pharisees, and Jesus talked against them a lot… interesting stuff don’t you think… keep reading these forums and you will see what I mean… :eek:

I know what you mean, I had know idea about just how many things I was either ignorant or misinformed about until I started my education.

40.png
Path:
Right there with ya!!!

That’s an excellent book. You should also read Scott Hahns book “Hail Holy Queen”.

How funny!!! This exact passage caused me problems for years! I can’t tell you how many Protestants I’ve heard explain this passage by stating that there was a separation between God and Jesus at his end. They would then go into great and glorious detail as to why this separation took place.

Yet another example of the problems arising from fallible biblical interpretations. I felt like scales fell from my eyes when I read Psalm 22. Especially when the Catholic apologist I heard it from (I forget who) likened it to an American saying “Oh say can you see”–we automatically recognize the national anthem. People who heard Jesus say this would instantly draw the connection to the Psalm and realize what Jesus was trying to say.

Peace and God bless! 🙂

Eric

enanneman said:
How funny!!! This exact passage caused me problems for years
! I can’t tell you how many Protestants I’ve heard explain this passage by stating that there was a separation between God and Jesus at his end. They would then go into great and glorious detail as to why this separation took place.

Yet another example of the problems arising from fallible biblical interpretations. I felt like scales fell from my eyes when I read Psalm 22. Especially when the Catholic apologist I heard it from (I forget who) likened it to an American saying “Oh say can you see”–we automatically recognize the national anthem. People who heard Jesus say this would instantly draw the connection to the Psalm and realize what Jesus was trying to say.

Peace and God bless! 🙂

Eric

I have noticed a sever gnostic like tendency among evangelicals and baptist in regards to Chirst hypostatic union that his divinity and humanity where at times not united but conflicting. The misinterpretation of this passage is another evidence of this. You don’t study church councils and a lot of truth the church already answered is ignored and replaced with old heresies. Sad to say this is present in a lot of non denom evangelical churches and baptist and pentacostals etc.

Like the verse goes who do you say that I am. In the end only peter got it right then and today.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back