Feeling empty

• Thread starter Thread starter tkdnick
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tkdnick

So…lately I have been feeling pretty empty. When I pray I feel like I’m just talking to no one. I know God’s there. I know He’s listening, it just doesn’t feel like it…

40.png
tkdnick:
So…lately I have been feeling pretty empty. When I pray I feel like I’m just talking to no one. I know God’s there. I know He’s listening, it just doesn’t feel like it…
Yes, sometimes I’ve felt the same way! It’s an uncomfortable feeling I know. Try closing your eyes while praying and focus on every word you say to know that you’re talking to Him directly. It helped me a lot. 🙂

40.png
tkdnick:
Take your hand and place it about 3 feet in front of your eyes. You can see almost everything around you, correct? Now place your hand 3 inches in front of your eyes–you can’t see much even though your hand is closer to you.

Sometimes God is so close, that we are blinded to His presence. We think that we are in a dry spell. Just because we don’t have the warm fuzzies all the time doesn’t mean that God has abandoned us. Continue to pray. God will never abandon you. He may be closer than you realize! God Bless.

St. Theresa had such a ‘Dark Night of the soul’ for several years but she still stuck to loving and trusting God, despite him never answering.

Take heart, it’s a little test to help you progress in your spirituality and it won’t likely last as long as St. Theresa’s!

It’s hard, but not impossible.
God Bless 🙂

I think everyone goes through times like this. Even St. John of the Cross spoke of “the dark night of the soul.” Since her death, I read that even Mother Theresa went through that for many years. I think about the only thing we CAN do is to stay faithful. As hard as it is, we must. Some days I feel like I’m hanging onto a very fine thread. I get so worried that it’ll break (that I’ll “fall away”), that it scares me. :bigyikes:

Hang in there. I’ll remember you in my prayers. Will you do the same?

Try this famous prayer. It is always a great comfort at such times. I will include you in my prayers. And rest assured those who don’t have faith suffer much more.

Footprints in the Sand Prayer
One night I had a dream. I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and across the skies flashed scenes from my life. In each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One was mine, and one was the Lord’s. When the last scene of my life appeared before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand, and, to my surprise, I noticed that many times along the path of my life there was only one set of footprints. And I noticed that it was at the lowest and saddest times in my life. I asked the Lord about it: “Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. But I notice that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why you left my side when I needed you most.” The Lord said: “My precious child, I never left you during your time of trial. Where you see only one set of footprints, I was carrying you.”

40.png
Mickey:
Take your hand and place it about 3 feet in front of your eyes. You can see almost everything around you, correct? Now place your hand 3 inches in front of your eyes–you can’t see much even though your hand is closer to you.

Sometimes God is so close, that we are blinded to His presence. We think that we are in a dry spell. Just because we don’t have the warm fuzzies all the time doesn’t mean that God has abandoned us. Continue to pray. God will never abandon you. He may be closer than you realize! God Bless.
I like that! Doesn’t feel like He’s that close, but maybe that’s just my bad human sight!

40.png
wOoKiE:
St. Theresa had such a ‘Dark Night of the soul’ for several years but she still stuck to loving and trusting God, despite him never answering.
Boy, I sure hope it doesn’t last several years. But I wouldn’t stop anyway.

40.png
tkdnick:
Maybe your spiritual life is like a full glass of water that needs to be poured out so that God can fill it up again to the top. 😉 God Bless

40.png
maryj:
Have you made a good confession lately. Helped me!!Praise God
I go to confession at least once a month, sometimes more. I just went on Tuesday.

I was empty for a long time…until I came back to the Church, as the saying goes, at first I was lost and now I’m found.
My prayer life was so dry, I could barely remember when I last talked or prayed to God…now I do so many times a day.
It’s my way of keeping in touch.
When I start my prayers the first thing I ask God to do is open my heart to his grace, that my prayers will transform me.
I always remeber to thank him for everything he has given me each day…even my sufferings, because it helps to remind me of what he did for us on the cross.
I hope you start feeling full of his grace and love soon.
many blessings sent your way!

40.png
tkdnick:
I am in the same place that you are right now. I’ve been there for a couple of months. Lent doesn’t even feel like Lent this year. But maybe being in a dry spell makes it a better Lent than I think it is.
I’ll pray for you. Please pray for me.

Mat 6:6
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Mat 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Mat 6:8
Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back