Fifteen Saturdays, A Rosary Meditation

• Thread starter Thread starter jmm08
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmm08

I’ve been reading Fr. Groeschel’s “The Rosary – Chain of Hope”.

Included in the book is the Pope’s Apostolic letter on the Rosary.
In the section “Following the Witnesses” (almost at the start of Chapter 1 in the Apostolic letter) there is mention of the “Fifteen Saturdays”.

Some more mention of the “Fifteen Saturdays” devotion is at
georgiabulletin.org/local/2003/01/16/h/

Questions:
(1)
Now that we have 20 Rosary Mysteries, has this tradition changed? Is it now 20 Saturdays?

(2) If it hasn’t changed to 20 Saturdays, why not?

(3) If it has changed to 20 Saturdays, does this change the start date or the end date of the devotion?

I would like to encourage all my Catholic brothers to consider encouraging their pastors to think about promoting or leading this devotion sometime. However, please forgive me for my ignorance – I’ve never done this devotion before.

40.png
jmm08:
I’ve been reading Fr. Groeschel’s “The Rosary – Chain of Hope”.

Included in the book is the Pope’s Apostolic letter on the Rosary.
In the section “Following the Witnesses” (almost at the start of Chapter 1 in the Apostolic letter) there is mention of the “Fifteen Saturdays”.

Some more mention of the “Fifteen Saturdays” devotion is at
georgiabulletin.org/local/2003/01/16/h/

Questions:
(1)
Now that we have 20 Rosary Mysteries, has this tradition changed? Is it now 20 Saturdays?

(2) If it hasn’t changed to 20 Saturdays, why not?

(3) If it has changed to 20 Saturdays, does this change the start date or the end date of the devotion?

I would like to encourage all my Catholic brothers to consider encouraging their pastors to think about promoting or leading this devotion sometime. However, please forgive me for my ignorance – I’ve never done this devotion before.
Never heard of “Fifteen” First Saturdays.

I do however know of and practice the Five First Saturdays, requested by Our Lady at Fatima. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back