Finding the truth about the Saints

• Thread starter Thread starter Mordocai
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mordocai

Possibly unknown to a lot of you, people use webdiaries to discuss and debate religion. Namely, xanga pages. My page (www.xanga.com/mordocai) is personally devoted to defending the Catholic faith (also you might want to check out www.xanga.com/catholic_defender
Anyway, to the point. The next thread is going to be about finding the truth about why Catholics (and why everyone should) ask Saints to pray for us (I’m almost positive Mary will be mentioned in the discussion) So I would invite all of you to come and support your Catholic faith. Along with that, for this thread, I want to pose the question:
What makes praying to the Saints so effective and what is the biblical evidence for such?

**The Communion of Saints taken from the US Catholic Council of Bishops

946 After confessing “the holy catholic Church,” the Apostles’ Creed adds “the communion of saints.” In a certain sense this article is a further explanation of the preceding: "What is the Church if not the assembly of all the saints?"479 The communion of saints is the Church.

947 "Since all the faithful form one body, the good of each is communicated to the others. . . . We must therefore believe that there exists a communion of goods in the Church. But the most important member is Christ, since he is the head. . . . Therefore, the riches of Christ are communicated to all the members, through the sacraments."480 "As this Church is governed by one and the same Spirit, all the goods she has received necessarily become a common fund."481

948 The term “communion of saints” therefore has two closely linked meanings: communion “in holy things (sancta)” and “among holy persons (sancti).”
  • Sancta sanctis! (“God’s holy gifts for God’s holy people”) is proclaimed by the celebrant in most Eastern liturgies during the elevation of the holy Gifts before the distribution of communion. The faithful (sancti) are fed by Christ’s holy body and blood (sancta) to grow in the communion of the Holy Spirit (koinonia) and to communicate it to the world.

The one with whom I debate on xanga insisted the discussion be on her xanga (it has already started, she made a massive post lol) Anyway, the link to that is www.xanga.com/bondgirl78
Click on the comments under the post and you’ll see the ensuing discussions.
Thanks for the information you two, definitely helpful.
Mordocai

I don’t look at it from a theological point, but a childs view point that I had growing up. The more people in heaven (who we know have to be saints) you have praying for you, the better. I had a friend once that said, “Why would I pray to Jesus’ Mother when I can go directly to Him?” my reply: because if your Mother tells you to do something, you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back