N
newcalling
Guest
I had my first confession today. I’m supposed to be confirmed on Pentecost, about a month away. I have been through most of the adult catechism classes, just a few left (I think four left.) Can I take communion now, or do I have to wait for confirmation? I feel absolved, and I understand the significance of the Eucharist. I have even visited the Eucharist adoration chapel a few times and make the sign of the cross in respect of the Eucharist when I pass by a Catholic church. I believe in the transubstantiation of the Eucharist.
I am having trouble tracking down my baptismal certificate. The only person who is still alive who was at my baptism is almost impossible to get in touch with, my godmother. (My mom is technically still alive, but cannot speak or communicate due to being in the last stage of Parkinson’s disease. ) I called the parish where I was supposedly baptized, but they cannot find a record of it. I have gone through two other Trinitarian baptisms at protestant churches, and I might just get up the courage to ask them for a copy of one of those certificates. I’m just nervous about the questions that those churches might ask because they were very anti-Catholic and I was well known there. They will know who it is calling and will likely ask questions. I was involved with various ministries with both.
I am eager to begin receiving communion. I will be 42 in a couple of weeks. I don’t want to break any important protocols. I will be going to mass tomorrow, and I want to know if I can take the communion now, or if I still have to wait? I will still go forward with my confirmation, and I will talk with the parish office to see what my options are there. I will also ask these questions to my adult catechism teachers today, and I was hoping to get some insight here as well. Thank you in advance, and God bless.
I am having trouble tracking down my baptismal certificate. The only person who is still alive who was at my baptism is almost impossible to get in touch with, my godmother. (My mom is technically still alive, but cannot speak or communicate due to being in the last stage of Parkinson’s disease. ) I called the parish where I was supposedly baptized, but they cannot find a record of it. I have gone through two other Trinitarian baptisms at protestant churches, and I might just get up the courage to ask them for a copy of one of those certificates. I’m just nervous about the questions that those churches might ask because they were very anti-Catholic and I was well known there. They will know who it is calling and will likely ask questions. I was involved with various ministries with both.
I am eager to begin receiving communion. I will be 42 in a couple of weeks. I don’t want to break any important protocols. I will be going to mass tomorrow, and I want to know if I can take the communion now, or if I still have to wait? I will still go forward with my confirmation, and I will talk with the parish office to see what my options are there. I will also ask these questions to my adult catechism teachers today, and I was hoping to get some insight here as well. Thank you in advance, and God bless.