First confession today, confirmation and first communion tomorrow!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jgladwell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jgladwell

Guest
I was terrified, I have about 20 years of sinning to confess, so after praying and thinking for over a week in preparation, I went in today and father was sitting there.

I broke down into tears when he told me God forgives me. Some of you may remember, I am a Marine currently deployed to Iraq. I thought I was strong until I faced my own sins and had to confess them.

This was my first sacrament that I knew what I was doing and choosing it with an open heart, and it was the MOST beautiful feeling.
 
I was terrified, I have about 20 years of sinning to confess, so after praying and thinking for over a week in preparation, I went in today and father was sitting there.

I broke down into tears when he told me God forgives me. Some of you may remember, I am a Marine currently deployed to Iraq. I thought I was strong until I faced my own sins and had to confess them.

This was my first sacrament that I knew what I was doing and choosing it with an open heart, and it was the MOST beautiful feeling.
Awesome! Welcome home!
 
Welcome back! Thanks be to God! It is always an emotional and beautiful moment when the priest gives absolution - I hope you always find great comfort and joy in this great sacrament.
 
I was terrified, I have about 20 years of sinning to confess, so after praying and thinking for over a week in preparation, I went in today and father was sitting there.

I broke down into tears when he told me God forgives me. Some of you may remember, I am a Marine currently deployed to Iraq. I thought I was strong until I faced my own sins and had to confess them.

This was my first sacrament that I knew what I was doing and choosing it with an open heart, and it was the MOST beautiful feeling.
Praise to Lord Jesus Christ. The peace that the world does not understand. Welcome home.

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi: dona nobis pacem.
Latin for: Lamb of God, You Take away the sins of the world: grant us peace.
 
I was terrified, I have about 20 years of sinning to confess, so after praying and thinking for over a week in preparation, I went in today and father was sitting there.

I broke down into tears when he told me God forgives me. Some of you may remember, I am a Marine currently deployed to Iraq. I thought I was strong until I faced my own sins and had to confess them.

This was my first sacrament that I knew what I was doing and choosing it with an open heart, and it was the MOST beautiful feeling.
🙂 That’s so great! Welcome home!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
 
That is truly wonderful!!! As a soldier, you are a hero to all Americans, and now as a Catholic, you are a hero in the faith!!!

“If thou go out to war against thy enemies, and see horsemen and chariots, and the numbers of the enemy’s army greater than thine, thou shalt not fear them: because the Lord thy God is with thee, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt. And when the battle is now at hand, the priest shall stand before the army, and shall speak to the people in this manner: Hear, O Israel, you join battle this day against your enemies, let not your heart be dismayed, be not afraid, do not give back, fear ye them not: Because the Lord your God is in the midst of you, and will fight for you against your enemies, to deliver you from danger” (Deuteronomy 20:1-4).

I hope you have a very blessed Advent season (what a wonderful time to come into the Church) and Christmastide. I look forward to hearing more from you in the forum. May God keep you close and richly bless you. I hope you know the profound depth of gratitude your country feels for the sacrifices you are making and all that you are doing for God and country!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top