First Saturday Devotions

• Thread starter Thread starter Maggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie

Okay… another newby question 😃 .

Went for the first time to a **First Saturday Devotions ** this morning. Which brings up tons of questions. First… what is it? I mean, it was a really neat experience, but there were only about fifteen people there. It seemed in some way related especially to Mary, and possibly to Fatima (which I also don’t know all that much about), but other than that… I’m clueless. (I just came into the Church this past Easter so I’m new to all of this.)

They handed out a booklet with the prayers in it, so I wasn’t completely lost, but I was wondering what the history or story behind it is and what role does it play in what we do or how we practice our faith?

40.png
Maggie:
Okay… another newby question 😃 .

Went for the first time to a **First Saturday Devotions ** this morning. Which brings up tons of questions. First… what is it? I mean, it was a really neat experience, but there were only about fifteen people there. It seemed in some way related especially to Mary, and possibly to Fatima (which I also don’t know all that much about), but other than that… I’m clueless. (I just came into the Church this past Easter so I’m new to all of this.)

They handed out a booklet with the prayers in it, so I wasn’t completely lost, but I was wondering what the history or story behind it is and what role does it play in what we do or how we practice our faith?
Our Lady of Fatima showed little Jacinta, Lucia, and Francesco her Immaculate Heart with thorns all in it. The thorns represented the people who dishonored her. She told them to make repiration for the thorns in her immaculate heart, to practice a devotion of going to confession, attending mass, and meditating on the mysteries of the rosary for 15 minutes all on the first Saturdays in five consecutive months. That’s pretty much it! 🙂

Oh, okay. That’s pretty cool. It’s kind of her way to get people to daily Mass and confession and say the rosary at least once a month and increase their devotion? That’s pretty cool. Because once you get in the habit I can see how you would keep going, it’s a pretty neat experience.

Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back