First silly question of 2006

• Thread starter Thread starter nobody
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nobody

Do you leave your scapular on while you jog?

I don’t want it to get sweaty & all, but sometimes when I’m jogging I “feel like I’m going to die” 😉 , so I don’t want to “risk” it, so I wear it. What do you do?

I normally leave mine on all the time, except when showering or swimming. This includes running, playing ball in the yard, etc.

-ACEGC

I leave it on even if I am doing something really sweaty. If its had that exposure, I just wash it in the sink with soap and water, rinse it, wring it, put it back on and let it dry while on. This would be evening at home, and then I would wear it outside my clothes so it can dry better. The course wool dries quick.

If I had swum in a lake or a pond, which tend to have bacteria counts, I do the same afterward but also add a few drops of grapefruit seed extract (which kills bacteria, and I always have around for other uses anyway). I started doing this when i found what lake water did to my son’s sandles - yuk. I didn’t want to wear the same around my neck. I don’t wear it in the shower although some people do. Its always there next to the shower to put right back on.

If you jog every day and sweat heavily every time, maybe you want to get something called “cyrstal rock:” or something like that. Here is a webpage to explain it crystaldeodorantprotection.com/ I found that link by googling but there are many brands of the same thing and you can buy whatever you have locally (healthfood store). Its natural mineral salts. I use the rock stick for deoderant, as the aluminum in regular antiperspirant is assoicated with breast cancer and other very bad things. It works great to elininate all odor without perfumes or scents (which I prefer to chose myself, not wear in deoderant!) . The clear liquid spray is great to spray on shoes or socks to have them odor free (you have to do it daily for each day you want it to work daily - and it does work). The spray would also be good for your scapular before jogging.

40.png
nobody:

I don’t want it to get sweaty & all, but sometimes when I’m jogging I “feel like I’m going to die” 😉 , so I don’t want to “risk” it, so I wear it. What do you do?
I wear mine all the time, even in the shower.

Consider that it also serves as spiritual protection, which we need continuously.

hurst

I bet my question is much more silly! Any hints on how to keep my scapular in place? This is a constant battle for me and I am strongly considering a scapular medal. My scapular simply does not stay on my shoulders, but constantly falls down my arms. I wear buttoned shirts and ties almost every day and it is an emormous hassle to try to get it back in place! I know this sounds pretty foolish, but perhaps someone here has the same problem and has come up with a solution. Does work work better than another in terms of staying in place? Thanks for your understanding!

anytime I have worn one for any length of time, whether wool or any other material, I break out and an infection develops which takes week to eradicate. I am allergic to most metals in jewelry, and most jobs I have had forbid anything hanging on the neck for safety reasons. So I just never have been able to wear scapulars, medals, crosses etc. I have a St Benedict medal on my keychain, rosaries in every possible location, and a 4-way medal as my key-pull on my purse. Even my Benedictine cross has broken several times as I catch it on something at work, so I have stopped wearing it.

I have kept my scapular in place by weighing it down with a medal.

Works like a charm - er, make that, like a Miraculous Medal! 👍

I always wear mine while running or working out. I just wash it frequently. If you have 2 of them, then you’re never without your scapular. I usually keep extras on hand to give them away to others.

Okay, now this is a really silly question. What is the purpose of a scapular? I have figured out from some of the links posted that it is a necklace?

Is there some significance to wearing it?

40.png
nobody:

JOG :confused: …Now that is a silly question 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back