Folcolare

• Thread starter Thread starter FelixBlue
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FelixBlue

Any thoughts on the Folcolare? Any personal experience? Thoughts on Chiara Lubich?

Grazie.

What? The Folcolare. They are a worldwide lay movement out of Italy, founded sometime in the 1940s by Chiara Lubich. Their charism is “unity” and I could say much more, but I’m interested in knowing what other folks think. By the way, I’m not personally involved.

40.png
FelixBlue:
What? The Folcolare. They are a worldwide lay movement out of Italy, founded sometime in the 1940s by Chiara Lubich. Their charism is “unity” and I could say much more, but I’m interested in knowing what other folks think. By the way, I’m not personally involved.
Felix: I looked in Google but couldn’t find it. Next I looked for Chiara Lubich and voila! I found it.

The correct spelling is Focolare.

Here is a link to their home page. focolare.org/en/

It looks very interesting. I’ll check it out later this afternoon.

Thanks for suggesting it. I like knowing about the different movements within the Church.

Maria

I think the Folcolare is a wonderful lay movement…it’s also one of the Popes’ favorite.

Felix, I had time this afternoon to check out the Focolare site.

It all started from one person’s choice of God as first in her life and it’s now in amost every country in the world.

focolare.org/En/chiara_e.html

Peacemonger is spot on in what he said here:
I think the Folcolare is a wonderful lay movement…it’s also one of the Popes’ favorite
I hope to be able to read more over the weekend.

Thanks again for posting about it.

Maria

No personal experience, but it seems to me that any movement that has been properly approved by the Church should be OK. Find the one God is calling you to. (if He’s calling you to one) —KCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back