Footprints of God for Small Groups

• Thread starter Thread starter Fidelis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fidelis

Has anyone used tapes from the excellent Steve Ray series Footprints of God successfully in a small group settings. The tapes themselves are divided into four segments, and the abundant study notes provided address each segment thoroughly.(for those not familiar with this series, here’s a link:

catholic-convert.com/DesktopDefault.aspx)

Anyway, what format have you used to study these materials as a small group? Any suggestions would be helpful.

40.png
Fidelis:
Has anyone used tapes from the excellent Steve Ray series Footprints of God successfully in a small group settings. The tapes themselves are divided into four segments, and the abundant study notes provided address each segment thoroughly.(for those not familiar with this series, here’s a link:

Anyway, what format have you used to study these materials as a small group? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Fidelis,
Talk about the Spirit leading…! I’ve been pondering on what to use for an Adult Ed group I’ve been asked to put together…this is what I came up w/ this morning! I have this series already…Thanks for the confirmation!
Annunciata:)

40.png
Fidelis:

Fidelis,
I’m hoping that we will be considering this series. Question for you, how did you set it up? Time, etc. Annunciata:)

40.png
Annunciata:
Fidelis,
I’m hoping that we will be considering this series. Question for you, how did you set it up? Time, etc. Annunciata:)
I haven’t – I was hoping others could give me some ideas! 🙂
This is such a great resource, there must be *somebody * out there who has used it successfully.

40.png
Fidelis:
I haven’t – I was hoping others could give me some ideas! 🙂
This is such a great resource, there must be *somebody *out there who has used it successfully.
I just got the one on St. Paul the other day…awesome! Well, I’m going to type out the questions that come w/ each video/DVD and have them ready for an example as we are still ‘discussing’ whether or not it’s going to be a Bible Study or this series which I see working well since only 6 or 7 people are interested. Thanks anyway. Annunciata:)

I’m currently going through the Moses series with a study group and have previously completed Peter & Mary. These are EXCELLENT tools for study!

We meet one night a week for 5 weeks, the first week merely to get our assignments (there is a study guide that comes with the tape, which is made available to all participants). We’ve done it a number of different ways, this time, each person is given a question or 2, so that all are covered by one person (if you aren’t going to be there, you are asked to call so your question can be re-assigned).

The next week, we return to watch the video and then review the questions, each person sharing what they’ve learned.

This moves through the material fairly quickly, without over taxing the students with extra study. We cover the video and questions in approximately 1 1/2 hours and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

In the past we’ve done it with no pre-prep to full prep by each student. I’ve found that the more time I put into it, the more I get out of it (sounds familiar, doesn’t it). For these, I’ve just finished going through Scott Hahn’s Salvation History (both video and audio, listening several times because I typically have other things going on and miss parts), so I’ve been well prepared for the material being presented and questions asked.

When we’ve done it with little or no prep we each had a copy of the Catechism and Bible in front of us and simply went around the table looking up and reading each reference from the questions. I personally found this the most valuable method, as we heard “the word” rather than the interpretation (sometimes wrong) of the various students. I know we got pretty good and having our reference opened by the time the questions got to us, allowing us to move quite quickly.

However you do it, enjoy. Bible study can be a lot of fun!

CARose

Well we met tonight for the first time…still have to refine things though. they seemed to like the Footprints series but most of them want to pray the Rosary for now and then branch out into more educational stuff… Pray for us! Thanks for all your help Fidelis and CARose.
Blessings,
Annunciata:)

Good for you! 🙂 At least you got it started and have a chance to ease them into the meaty stuff. I’ll continue to pray for you and your group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back