I don’t know if this is of any use, but I wrote it when there needed to be mutual forgiveness. Knowing you are so sad, it’s hard to know how to help, but I will pray more for you. You express your state well, in the simple words you use. They say so much to me. My husband came back, but divorce is slower in my country so it gives people more time. You have to wait around a year before you can apply for divorce. I ask Jesus to give you the best outcome from all you are going through. Jesus please if it’s possible in any way, let hope not be lost for this relationship.
Forgiveness
How to ask forgiveness–
when one should have understood in gentle, forgiving silence?
Too much said instead, forfeiting trust, fracturing relationship,
betraying kindnesses and truths entrusted and shared.
Repentant heart–seeing so much
that could wound another beneath words spoken
or behind misjudgement or inappropriate deed
longs to embrace the other but can find no way.
Too many misapprehensions hold us apart.
I pray for a holy smile to break through
flaming from heart to heart
to consume misunderstanding, sin and pain.
Until then, heart must wait in humble sadness and silence
Am I alone in poignant sense of loss?
I hurt whom I love–I who also am wronged,
because you cannot see how truly I love you.
But Lord, please touch and heal us!
Make us become sacrament of Yourself,
hearts purified, maturing in reciprocal love.
We neither of us intended hurt
Yet we caused each other pain…
My Love, please forgive me.
I forgive you. 1981