Forget philospy...let's get back 2 basics

• Thread starter Thread starter MelKelly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the Bible is pretty clear that none of us does - we are all sinners - we’ve all fallen short.

so no, we don’t.

I’ll compare my ability to follow the Ten Commandments with my ability to follow a map: I usually manage to at least get close, and there are some things I never mess up. However, those things that I do mess up, I really manage to make a mess of (for example, I don’t have any issues with the various commandments regarding sexual activity, but as for lying or always respecting my elder, I screw that up), And, the more I follow the maps, the easier they become to read and follow, even if the route is tougher to follow. I’m on my way, but I’m not there yet. This is one of those trips that will take a lifetime!

Eamon

Don’t forget philosophy … it is the love of wisdom, which includes the wisdom of the Ten Commandments.

Gilbert Keith:
Don’t forget philosophy … it is the love of wisdom, which includes the wisdom of the Ten Commandments.
Dear friend

I agree. Without the gift of wisdom or discernment we would not know how to apply the Ten Commandments fully in the light of the Beatitudes. Philosophy and Faith go hand in hand.

No, I do not follow all of the Ten Commandments otherwise if I did I would not sin. With each passing year I am hoping and praying that I am more faithful to the Ten Commandments. If I try very hard to Love God and my neighbour, the rest of the Ten Commandments will fall into place.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Every single human of age has 1 or 2 points they really struggle with. And I mean really. The thing we are supposed to do is work on acquiring the virtues opposed to these points where we often fail. Only one person ( besides Jesus) was born a Saint. And that was Mary. The rest of us have to earn it by the frequent reception of the sacraments, prayer, penance, almsgiving, trying to obey the commandments and striving for the virtues.

That’s the challenge for us all.

John Russell

The rest of us have to earn it by the frequent reception of the sacraments, prayer, penance, almsgiving, trying to obey the commandments and striving for the virtues.

That is about as complete and terse a recipe for holiness as I have seen.

Thank you,
Gilbert Keith

I am firmly resolved to follow the 10 commandments, but alas, I fail as we all do.:o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back