forgiveness of sin

  • Thread starter Thread starter billcu1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billcu1

Guest
I’m a little confused about it is said without the shedding of blood there’s no remission of sin. Jesus forgave sins when he was here before ever dying. So what happened when he died? It is also said that he died for the sins of the world. World expanded the original “people”. He died for the sin of his people. Some say a symbolic death for symbolic sins in one interpretation. That is sins at-large. Any thoughts. Oh and yes I believe in absolution. I’ve experienced it enough.
 
I’m a little confused about it is said without the shedding of blood there’s no remission of sin. Jesus forgave sins when he was here before ever dying. So what happened when he died? It is also said that he died for the sins of the world. World expanded the original “people”. He died for the sin of his people. Some say a symbolic death for symbolic sins in one interpretation. That is sins at-large. Any thoughts. Oh and yes I believe in absolution. I’ve experienced it enough.
When Jesus was crucified He opened the gates of Heaven for those who believe in Him, are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit , and keep the commandments.

As the Father loved us so much that He sent His only Son to die for us, the thought of any sin should be abhorrent .
 
I’m a little confused about it is said without the shedding of blood there’s no remission of sin. Jesus forgave sins when he was here before ever dying. So what happened when he died? It is also said that he died for the sins of the world. World expanded the original “people”. He died for the sin of his people. Some say a symbolic death for symbolic sins in one interpretation. That is sins at-large. Any thoughts. Oh and yes I believe in absolution. I’ve experienced it enough.
“Symbolic death”? I don’t think so.
 
I’m a little confused about it is said without the shedding of blood there’s no remission of sin. Jesus forgave sins when he was here before ever dying. So what happened when he died? It is also said that he died for the sins of the world. World expanded the original “people”. He died for the sin of his people. Some say a symbolic death for symbolic sins in one interpretation. That is sins at-large. Any thoughts. Oh and yes I believe in absolution. I’ve experienced it enough.
For me, Hebrews (as well as a few other places) sounds like something one of the other apostles wrote who had trouble dropping the old OT rituals and embracing the New. There are strange things like calling Jesus an “Apostle and High Priest”, sacrifices, blood sacrifices, works, etc., etc. that aren’t part of Jesus’ Gospel.

I just picked out a couple of things that sounded like something the writer might have picked up from Paul and let the rest go. Strange stuff. 🤷
 
“Symbolic death”? I don’t think so.
When I say “symbolic death” for “symbolic sins”. I don’t mean that he wasn’t put to death. I guess that’s one interpretation though. Certainly not the church’s 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top