Forgot to pray

• Thread starter Thread starter Mom_of_one
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mom_of_one

I am so embarrassed…my patient’s daughter started the first leg of her journey to England yesterday. She flew to NYC and had to spend the night in the airport before getting the plane to England. I told my patient and his wife that I would say a Rosary for her safety----both in flight and during her long stay at the airport.

I forgot!!!:o :o Can I still pray for that specific intention even though her time at the airport is done? What happens when you tell someone you will pray and then you completely forget to? Is it as if you did pray, becuase you intended to?

Well, you have to admit you messed up, although unintentionally, but it’s not a serious matter so don’t beat yourself up. You can tell them you forgot, but that you were carrying her in your heart before God, which is certainly true. 😉

You can pray “after the fact”, since God is not limited by time.

Also, God loves to be merciful and generous. 🙂

40.png
Reepicheep:
You can pray “after the fact”, since God is not limited by time.

Also, God loves to be merciful and generous. 🙂
Excellent answer! Spot on.

Say a Rosary instead to give thanks for her safe trip. You could also pray for her safety while overseas.

I am sure the prayers we offer “after the fact” and the intent we expressed when the person first asked for our prayers, operate in all our daily prayer, and are taken into account for the benefit of that person or intention.

sorry but your question reminded me of the scene in Miss Congeniality where Sandra Bullock had to cover up a faus pas by saying, “Oh, I took a bite of my bagel and forgot to pray,”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back