T
tyler_1
Guest
I’ve seen a lot of posts on CAF about what to do if you forget sins during a general confession. The consensus seems to be “the sin is forgiven, just mention it at your next confession”.
I am curious where this understanding is coming from?
When I say to the priest “Father, i remembered some sins i forgot to say in a previous confession, should i say them now?” they basically say “there is no need to confess it, it has already been forgiven”. this is four different priests now that have all told me basically that it is not necessary to confess it.
So my question is, where is this understanding of “just mention it at your next confession” coming from? What church document can you point me to?
And for those who say it must be mentioned, if it is not mentioned at your next confession, is this another sin and/or does it invalidate your confession? (again, please cite something official).
thanks for helping me to understand.
I am curious where this understanding is coming from?
When I say to the priest “Father, i remembered some sins i forgot to say in a previous confession, should i say them now?” they basically say “there is no need to confess it, it has already been forgiven”. this is four different priests now that have all told me basically that it is not necessary to confess it.
So my question is, where is this understanding of “just mention it at your next confession” coming from? What church document can you point me to?
And for those who say it must be mentioned, if it is not mentioned at your next confession, is this another sin and/or does it invalidate your confession? (again, please cite something official).
thanks for helping me to understand.