Foster family in need of prayers

• Thread starter Thread starter julieanne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julieanne

I humbly request prayers for a foster family in my county that has lost everything to a home fire. By the grace of God this family was unharmed. They are starting over with nothing. There are 8 children.
Please pray that This wonderful family unit can stay together. Other foster parents, different organizations and I are working to make this happen. Thank you in advance for your prayers. God will provide!!!

Hi Julieanne,
My heart goes out to them and I will remember them in my prayers.
Where are you at hon? I am willing to bet that you could make a few calls to get them help. I have contacted places like Catholic Charities, K-Mart, Childrens probate court, Salvation Army, etc… when a friend of mine needed help after a military deployment. We got her kid a new bike, doll, winter coat, sneakers, books, etc from these places for the little girl so that she could have a Christmas after her mom got ripped off and sunk into debt. I bet these type of places would be more than happy to donate things like bedding, dishes etc to help this family out. Don’t be afraid to ask for help in their name, people are more generous than you think. Just a suggestion though…Contact the family and find out what they need most and first. When you have a list it is easier to get donations.

Thank you blestone! There are quite a few foster families working on all of this. We are contacting everyone. The sad part is that we are in a very rural environment and some of the stores are un willing to help. Just yesterday I called a reality company and they contacted a land lord and they have come up with a huge amount of furniture that has been left behind by many renters. I truely appreciate your prayers and suggestions! Thank you!👍

Hey Julieanne,
No problem, glad I could offer assistance. Here are some more suggestions:
  1. Contact companies to ask employees for donations of “extras” they have around the house such as pots and pans, blankets. I would choose the biggest employer in the area since they will have bigger HR depts and more employees to solicit help from.
  2. I know this sounds nuts but try contacting a beauty salon or some other personal service and ask them to donate haircuts or makeovers for the mom. She could probably use some pampering right now.
  3. Have your parish hold a fund raiser dinner (spaghetti is always good) and ask for donations rather than setting a price. Most folks donate more than you would request for dinner.
  4. Don’t be afraid to contact big companies on the internet like whirlpool, serta, linens and things etc and explain what happened and ask for product donations. These big companies like the good press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back