Four-Way Medal Research

• Thread starter Thread starter mick46060
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mick46060

I am in need of some information about a four-way medal. I have a guy in my CRHP team that found a four-way medal in an old box of childhood belongings. He bought a chain for it and now wears it. His mother had given it to him for his First Communion some 30+ years ago.

He wanted to know more information about the significance and history of the meadl, and I was unable to help him. The four points of his medal contain St Christopher, St Joseph, the Miraculous Medal of Mary and the Scapular Medal. I don’t know if there are or can be different configurations of the four points, but I would like to give him some help in knowing more about the medal he now wears and keeps with him.

Any information would be very appreciated. Even web links or literature references would be great and I can do my own research.

Thanks so much. In Christ,

Mike

I’m googling for you…

So far, all I’ve found is brief blurbs on sites selling the medals. Example:

Four way or Cruciform medals
Cruciform medals are actually four medals in one: The Sacred heart at the top (a scapular medal, with Our Lady of Mt. Carmel on the back); St. Christopher on the right; Miraculous at the bottom and St. Joseph on the left. the words “I am a catholic, please call a priest” are inscribed on the back to indicate to an emergency worker the wearer’s desire for the last sacraments.http://www.patriotic-jewelry.com/four_way_medal/medal_7.jpgThis is a traditional gift for sacramental occasions.

I’m going to keep looking for a little bit to see if I can find any further history…

Thank you…yes I surfed several search engines an just continued to get links to e-stores with stuff to sell.

I appreciate the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back