Free catholic hymns/liturgical music?

• Thread starter Thread starter A_O
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A_O

đź‘‹ Hello all,

I’m looking for free Catholic hymns and liturgical music to download and listen to, I was hoping some of you may know where to find any? I enjoy playing music in the background while I pray.

Thanks very much,
A&O

Hello :tiphat:

Check out CatholicMusicnetwork.com They have a web page and also an internet radio station. Seven Sorrows has free music to download. He is a member of the forum so you can look him up. His webpage should be on his personal info page.
You can also do a search for all the forums with the search word music. There is one thread that has places to find free music. I can’t remember where. Maybe the water cooler.

Peace,
Jen

www.Sacredheartradio.net is an online Catholic radio station that has a few channels of music. I don’t know if they have downloads. One of the channels is traditional Catholic music. I know that you are looking for free stuff, but if you can’t find anything you like for free, the cds available form cdbaby (which sells cds for most of the artists showcased on Sacred Heart Radio), are very reasonable. Usually around $10, and rarely more than $15 (which is a great price for independent music artists) and arrive within in week.

You can also find artists web sites from www.Sacredheartradio.net and www.cdbaby.com (I am not sure if that is an accurate adress for the latter, as I usually find them through the radio station) and often the artists have at least one downloadable song.
www.marianland.com has music that you can download but what I listedn to was not traditinal, more like inspired music that is helps with meditaion.

eternitymusic.com.au/artists/lifeboat14.html has two tradiitonal hymns tht can be downloaded. One is Marian and the other is Amazing Grace.

Occasionally www.kittycleveland.com has a free traditional hymn that you can download, but I think her free song for right now is the one about the late Pope (it sounds traditional you may like it).

Very cool

Just went to www.sacredheartradio.net and purchased 5 cds for my kids.

They had a neat song for download free called Hey John Paul.

I can see us all singing that one on the way to church.

I’m a newbie and look forward to many great conversations with all of you.

God Bless and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Leslie
catholicgirl1970@yahoo.com

I just discovered sacredheartradio.net a few days ago and absolutely love it. I wish I could find the single of “Stay with Me Lord (song of Padre Pio)” by Lifeboat14 to download, but it only seems to be available on the CD, and much of the cd seems geared towards muscial taste far different than mine (like the Rosary Rap). But I like the “Hey John Paul” song a lot. It’s so catchy.

The Cd they are featuring by the group Rise seems to be very good. High quality professional music. They play several songs from it on their ultimate mix channel. Also, the group Plain Jane has a lot of great songs of modern professional musical quality and inspirational lyrics.

I’m not familiar with any of this music but thought I would take a chance and buy the kids a few cds.

I have a question for anyone out there. I went to a website that was on www.sacredheartradio.net

The website was called Jesus and Mary. I’m looking for deeper spirituality and prayer and was wondering if anyone knows what consecrated means?

I hope you dont think I’m stupid for asking this.

Catholicgirl1970:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back