Free Will: Like Rolling Dice?

• Thread starter Thread starter Greg_McPherran
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greg_McPherran

From God’s perspective, is giving us free will like rolling dice? By giving us free will, He does not control us. He creates many humans, some choose Him and some do not. From this perspective, it’s just like rolling dice isn’t it?

40.png
Greg_McPherran:
From God’s perspective, is giving us free will like rolling dice? By giving us free will, He does not control us. He creates many humans, some choose Him and some do not. From this perspective, it’s just like rolling dice isn’t it?
Well, He’s been trying to stack the deck and load the dice for thousands of years, it seems like we should be getting it…

Its not really rolling the dice if he already knows what’s going to happen. He gave us free will because he loves us and it was in his nature as lover to do so, not because he was investing in a retirement plan out of us once he got too old to be glorious anymore.

Josh

Hello,

Yes, I don’t mean in the sense that He needs us or anything like that. I also can accept that He knows all beforehand. However, we truly do have free will. Why is it that some choose God and others don’t? It seems random to me.
For example, consider a group of 1000 humans. Suppose half choose God and half reject him.

What is this based on? Why did some choose rightly and others not? It seems random.

Thank You,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back