Friendships these days

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Richie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Richie

Can anyone give me advice on making new friends during this pandemic? I feel pretty lonely. I can’t relate to the people i know. The past couple years as my faith became center of my life, i drifted away from friends. I don’t want to cut them out of my life but i feel like my social life is lacking. I have nobody to talk to. My family are a pretty lost materialist type of people who think im crazy. I just don’t know what to do. Thanks

Can you see if your parish is doing anything via zoom? Many have zoom Bible studies and the like right now.

I have quite a few friends I found through parish activities. I’m in the Knights of Columbus as well, and know a few through there. Could also volunteer, meet some really cool people that way.

Truth brings clarity, and clarity brings comfort and peace. Unknowns bring fear and anxiety. You have some uncertainty in your life which is causing discomfort.

Jesus was telling people over and over about discomforts in life, and not to worry about them. He wanted believers to be at peace knowing that He will always be with them. I’m sure you’ve heard this before but it may be good to hear it again now.

As far as what you can do yourself to find others to/for support, I would also suggest joining a group, or volunteering at church, or going on a retreat which is sometimes a place to form bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back