Fulton Sheen's Chapel for the Poor People

• Thread starter Thread starter jmm08
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmm08

I am in RCIA.

I also started listening to bishop-sheen.org/Talks.html on the web. It seems to be like an RCIA curriculum.

In 04 of 50 “The Divine Invasion”, Fulton Sheen made a promise that I suppose he kept.

Fulton Sheen speaking: “I promised the good Lord that if this man [William] would show some sign of repentance before he died, that I would build a chapel in the southern part of the United States for the poor people. A chapel costing $3,500. Not much of a chapel. No. But an awful lot of money for me.

Question: Where is Bishop Sheen’s chapel for the poor? Is it still standing and do they have mass sometimes? I’d love to visit and maybe it isn’t too far away. Especially since I am qualified to get a blessing there, because my family and I are poor in spirit and I’ve been unemployed lately.

40.png
jmm08:
I am in RCIA.

I also started listening to bishop-sheen.org/Talks.html on the web. It seems to be like an RCIA curriculum.

In 04 of 50 “The Divine Invasion”, Fulton Sheen made a promise that I suppose he kept.

Fulton Sheen speaking: “I promised the good Lord that if this man [William] would show some sign of repentance before he died, that I would build a chapel in the southern part of the United States for the poor people. A chapel costing $3,500. Not much of a chapel. No. But an awful lot of money for me.

Question: Where is Bishop Sheen’s chapel for the poor? Is it still standing and do they have mass sometimes? I’d love to visit and maybe it isn’t too far away. Especially since I am qualified to get a blessing there, because my family and I are poor in spirit and I’ve been unemployed lately.
I wish I knew the answer to that question, but I think Fr. Andrew Apostoli, a Franciscan and Sheen scholar, might be the priest to ask! I think you can contact him through EWTN. As for these talks, I’ve often thought that they would make a wonderful supplement to RCIA materials. 😃 In fact, lots of things by Archbishop Sheen would be wonderful supplements. My girlfriend and I just finished reading “Mary: The World’s First Love” and I think it would be an excellent book for Protestants with objections to the veneration of our Blessed Mother to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back