Gary Demar and his books?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boxerdog
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boxerdog

Guest
I have read the standard Catholic anti-rapture books and in these books they cite or recomend Demars books since he is a protestant and his is knowledgable.

Has anyone read any of his books and how are they? thanks
 
I have read the standard Catholic anti-rapture books and in these books they cite or recomend Demars books since he is a protestant and his is knowledgable.
Has anyone read any of his books and how are they? thanks
I read “End Times Fiction” and thought it was very good. I would especially recommend it to give to a Protestant who has bought into dispensationalist errors, but **won’t **read a book written by Catholics.
 
I second Gary DeMar’s End Times Fiction (2001), although both David Currie and Carl Olson have written more comprehensive books (both 2003) from an explicitly Catholic perspective. I also recommend DeMar’s 1980’s books (The Reduction of Christianity, and The Debate Over Christian Reconstruction, out of print probably harder to find) that respond to the dispensationalism of Dave Hunt and Thomas Ice. I have also heard DeMar speak in the past and he is not explicitly anti-Catholic (that I can remember) like some Reformed are. So I recommend him for the “post-mil” Protestant view.

Phil P
 
He wrote a foreword to the “House Divided: the Breakup of dispensational theology” by Bahnsen and Gentry" and I was struck by his blistering sarcasm. The book itself is a reconstructionist work (as you could guess by the authors).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top