K
KimberlyAnn0218
Guest
I am hoping someone can help me understand Genesis. I am no scriptural authority at all. Just a Catholic trying to read through the bible in a year using a pre-set format.
I am very troubled by the mutiple accounts of “wives,” relations with slaves and “concubines.” How was this OK? Specifically troubling to me is Gen 16 and 22 dealing with Nahor’s decendants of concubines. When was it OK and when did it become not OK to have relations with someone else?
I am not doubting the word of God, I juat really don’t have an understanding of any of this and am honestly interested in the answers. I just started tuning in to Jeff Cavin’s Great Adventure that EWTN is airing…I wish I could get my hands on the DVD’s without buying them. I guess I need a class on scripture in the worst way
Again, please understand I am not looking to slam the Bible here. I am honestly not in the know and want to understand…
K
I am very troubled by the mutiple accounts of “wives,” relations with slaves and “concubines.” How was this OK? Specifically troubling to me is Gen 16 and 22 dealing with Nahor’s decendants of concubines. When was it OK and when did it become not OK to have relations with someone else?
I am not doubting the word of God, I juat really don’t have an understanding of any of this and am honestly interested in the answers. I just started tuning in to Jeff Cavin’s Great Adventure that EWTN is airing…I wish I could get my hands on the DVD’s without buying them. I guess I need a class on scripture in the worst way
Again, please understand I am not looking to slam the Bible here. I am honestly not in the know and want to understand…
K