What is the best way to get rid of my anticatholic knowledge(ones that i learned from antiprotestents)? Its making it sort of hard to become a catholic. Like i am torn between protestantism and Catholicism. I was baptized as a catholic but never got serious about the bible until this year
I live in a very evangelical area. I was constantly barraged with Catholics believe X, or Catholics do Y after I converted. My attitude was “I’ll look into that”
I did. Without fail what they told me was always either a lie, or a misunderstanding. But what’s interesting is that when I would try to set the record straight with those people they didn’t want to be corrected. I feel it is because they wanted to believe the lies so they could justify not being Catholic.
My suggestion is to look into the anti-catholic claims. Look at what the church REALLY says and teaches on these subjects, and what History REALLY says about what happened at x time.
WHEN you find that all the ant- Catholic claims are false, then realize that lies have one source- Satan. It doesn’t matter if the lies are coming from good christian people, or if they actually believe the lies, they are still lies from Satan. Then ask yourself “Why would Satan want to lie about the Catholic church?”
Think about it. Are there books, websites, or multiple sermons dedicated to how evil Methodists, Baptists, Lutherans, etc are? Or do people constantly go up to those people and confront them about their religion?
Why is it only the Catholic church that is so lied about?
“Could it be …SATANNN” (church lady)