Ghosts & beliefs

• Thread starter Thread starter Meggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meggie

Ok
As the tale goes there is a ghost of a priest that haunts my dorm. He died in a fire trying to rescue some children when the nuns on campus used to have an orphanage/ or perhaps when orphan children were visiting.
He is supposidly the nice ghost. One tale is that a student was diagnosed with fatal cancer, then one night she was awakened by a priest praying over her. She later found the cancer was completely gone.
The other story about him is that there were these two guys who were going to a girls room to do bad things to her, but when they went to her room late at night from a distance they saw an middle aged man dressed in black walk in. The boys ran scarred that it was her dad but as they related the story to their friends the girl found out, she had been sound asleep that night.

There was a later fire which killed another man, and a third fire which killed someone else. This third man is said to have tried to hang himself but insted he died in the fire.
These are supposed to be the bad ghosts. They are said to cause trouble, like lights going on and off showers and faucets running and other disturbances.
Kids who play with ouji bords say that the ghosts try to attack them after. These kids are the upperclassmen who have been here for awhile. The freshmen who had been friends with them before are said to have witnessed some of these strange things.

Some of the girls on my floor want to play with ouji boards and such, I told them its a bad idea regardless of the fact is not very moral becaue they know it causes trouble.
So far no one has done anything but it makes me very scarred because supposedly this is a real thing. I know ghosts exist and they can’t hurt me but it frightens me. Im more afraid of a fire happening but still…
I have a crucifix by my bed and my st benedict cross on my rosary. I pray for saftey. Is there anything more I can do?

Keep some holy water on hand.

By the way, it seems that every college has its tales of a “Haunted Dorm.”

is it possible that you are a freshmen and upperclassmen are trying to yank your chain?

My college had a ghost, also. Quite the historical scandal in which a priest shot another priest in a chapel. The good priest was found in his room which had allegedly burned, leaving a cross pattern, and the only unburned portion of the Bible was the quote from Fr. Lescher, the one he always used to quote.

I know I didn’t make any sense, but the story is published in “Haunted Heartland” and I actually read the documents when I went to school there. They had paranormal investigators at the dorm, and when I did security there I always looked for the ghost in Heffron Hall around 3 am when the events seemed to always occur.

I know our ghosts had basis in historical fact, and I have had my own paranormal experiences in other places, but my advice is to go to confession, recieve the sacraments, and please, please, please, speaking from experience…avoid the occult and occult practices. Say the prayer of St. Michael, and keep a rosary handy for sudden urges to pray.

If you ever feel the hair stand up on the back of your neck cross yourself, pray an Our Father, a Hail Mary, and a St. Michael. And whatever else comes to mind…such as the Anima Christe.

Just remember…God can ALWAYS hear you.

Keeping holy water is a good idea. Add in some holy salt for added damage… or protection rather 😃 . The St. Benedict cross should protect you or any other sacramental you have. Prayer is always essential and let’s see… you might want to consult this website and check out their prayers just in case things get out of hand.

spcdc.saint-mike.org/selfhelp/SW-Prayers.html

Their hedge prayers have been created for these certain situations.

Quiji boards are dangerous. Who knows when one might be possessed. Perhaps not now, not tomorrow but it will come. If only we have eyes to see the spiritual realm. Whenever someone plays with a Quiji board, a door opens and I’m not fond of what comes out of those doors.

One other advice is to receive Holy Communion as much as you can. And always pray the Rosary.

From my experience:

Keep a bottle of Holy Water under your bed. As you go to bed put a few drops of that water near your pillow as you say a simple prayer.

Say, “J - E - S - U - S ( say the letters) , Lord Jesus Protect me now. Amen”

This is done in the Southwest & TX & LA.

NEVER stay in a room where there is an Ouigi Board. They invite spirits ( any spirit) to that person! Do not even look at one.

Don’t get caught up in craziness, but if you want to be sure, just have your priest come over and bless your dorm and that will keep all the “boogie men” away 😃 also you can counsel with him about your plight.

40.png
Exporter:
From my experience:

Keep a bottle of Holy Water under your bed. As you go to bed put a few drops of that water near your pillow as you say a simple prayer.

Say, “J - E - S - U - S ( say the letters) , Lord Jesus Protect me now. Amen”

This is done in the Southwest & TX & LA.

NEVER stay in a room where there is an Ouigi Board. They invite spirits ( any spirit) to that person! Do not even look at one.
I visit the Catholic Spiritual Warfare website from time to time and I read there that when using Jesus’ name to chase away demons (or other evils) that you should always say Jesus Christ or Jesus Christ our SAvior because, they explained, any demon or the like can say the name “Jesus” and they can call themselves “Jesus” as in “I am Jesus” but they canNOT say “Jesus Christ” or similar.

Just my 2 cents!

You know, brethren, I’ve always been wanting answers for these questions:

Our Holy Mother Church teaches that when we die, our souls leave our body to stand before God and be judged. God judges us and sends us either to heaven (purgatory being the antechamber of heaven) or hell. Why are there “seemingly” souls that wander still in various places of this world? I thought only angels and devils could leave either their respective places and come to earth to do their respective tasks. Well, maybe my shallow concept of heaven and hell as being places in a physical sense is the problem here, but can I hear some of your thoughts on this matter? You see, what scares me is the thought that these souls are devils in disguise. They appear like souls claiming to be–as we often hear–bound to this or that place because of some unfinished task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back