Gifts of the Holy Spirit

• Thread starter Thread starter robertaf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertaf

Greetings Church,

At Baptism and Confirmation, we receive the Holy Spirit. He gives us our Spiritual Gifts and we manifest the Fruits of the Holy Spirit.
We receive the gifts from the Old Testament and the ones from the New Testament.

How do we manifest these gifts?

How many ways do the people who make the Mystical Body of Christ serve the Church and the world?

For me, it is in prayer, in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, by adopting the less adoptable kids, for being a humble servant when I can, being a help to those who face struggles I have a head start on, singing at the school mass, making clay figurines for the kids to learn Bible stories, by loving my husband and being a good help to him, by loving my son even when he makes it hard.

By listening to God and trying to act on the counsel I receive. By writing a newsletter for our Eucharistic adoration apostolate, praying the Rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet. By trying to be helpful, kind and generous, humble, caring and honest.

By starting my day with a prayer to the Holy Spirit to lead me and give me his orders, then promising to submit to His will.

AMDG,
Mamamull

Mamamull

You made me cry. You must be beautiful music in Gods ears.
What an inspiration you are to me.

40.png
Mamamull:
How many ways do the people who make the Mystical Body of Christ serve the Church and the world?

For me, it is in prayer, in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, by adopting the less adoptable kids, for being a humble servant when I can, being a help to those who face struggles I have a head start on, singing at the school mass, making clay figurines for the kids to learn Bible stories, by loving my husband and being a good help to him, by loving my son even when he makes it hard.

By listening to God and trying to act on the counsel I receive. By writing a newsletter for our Eucharistic adoration apostolate, praying the Rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet. By trying to be helpful, kind and generous, humble, caring and honest.

By starting my day with a prayer to the Holy Spirit to lead me and give me his orders, then promising to submit to His will.

AMDG,
Mamamull
This is similar to my case or to what I believe. I mean, prayer is a gift… baking cookies is a gift… being a good parent is a gift (except I’m not a parent). You get the idea. Everything that we have, our knowledge, our skills/talents, the little things we do, these are all gifts from God. And these gifts are best used when we have the intentions of glorifying God with them. Most of mine is used in meditative prayer before the Blessed Eucharist and some are used in learning the faith.

We need to be humble to manifest our gifts. God will then give us what He thinks is best.

If you want to go deeper, look at our saints. St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, St. Francis of Assissi, Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta… they used their gifts well.

I have been reading some works of the Holy Father and I have plans to read to many of the people you listed. I gave my husband a book by St. Theresa of Avila. So I can read it, but right now I am reading a book called the The Four Witnesses.

My husband was the first to notice that Scott Hahn and Tim Staples were more easily converted to Catholicism after reading the writings of the Early Fathers. Someone of import mentioned The Four Witnesses as a great read and so I gave it to my husband for Father’s Day – I loved the pun. He just finished it and it is my turn.

I plan on giving it to my brother the fundy for Christmas. He has read more about Catholicism since I send him little snippets about our faith. My prayer is revert my mom, but I have to convert my brother first. She won’t make a move without his approval.

Sly, but now that I know that I was truly called to be a member the Church Christ founded, I am not willing to let them miss on the greatest sacrament in the world – the Eucharist.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

40.png
robertaf:
Greetings Church,

At Baptism and Confirmation, we receive the Holy Spirit. He gives us our Spiritual Gifts and we manifest the Fruits of the Holy Spirit.
We receive the gifts from the Old Testament and the ones from the New Testament.

How do we manifest these gifts?
The fruits of the Holy Spirit are: charity, joy, peace, patience, benignity, goodness, longanimity, mildness, faith, modesty, continence and chastity. 🙂

The 12 Fruits of the Holy Spirit grow in our souls with our practice of Virtue as enabled by the gifts of the Holy Spirit:

1. *]Charity
    *]Joy
    *]Peace
    *]Patience
    *]Benignity
    *]Goodness
    *]Long-suffering (patient suffering over an extended period)
    *]Mildness
    *]Faith
    *]Modesty
    *]Continency
    *]Chastity

Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Gifts of the Holy Spirit enable us to live a holy Christian life. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are:

1. *]Wisdom - desire for the things of God, and to direct our whole life and all our actions to His honor and glory
      *]Understanding - enable us to know more clearly the mysteries of faith
      *]Counsel - warn us of the deceits of the devil, and of the dangers to salvation
      *]Fortitude - strengthen us to do the will of God in all things
      *]Knowledge - enable us to discover the will of God in all things
      *]Piety - love God as a Father, and obey Him because we love Him
      *]Fear of the Lord - have a dread of sin and fear of offending God

Fear of the Lord is not fear of His loving and merciful self, but fear of falling into offending Him.

newadvent.org/cathen/07409a.htm

God Bless you all and much love and peace to you xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back