Giving your Guardian Angel the wrong name?

• Thread starter Thread starter Alma
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alma

Years ago I read a book written by famous Mother Angelica:nerd: where she said she named her Guardian Angel ‘Fidelius’ because he had been very loyal (fidel: faithful) to her.:yup:

I thought the name was great and also started calling my Guardian Angel ‘Fidelio’ (in Spanish). :love:

Now I just read in another thread that you should ask the Guardian Angel to let you know his name.
Was it wrong to call him Fidelio? :ehh:
But I’'ve grown so used to it! :bounce:

Worse of all is that a friend of mine asked me to choose a name for his Guardian Angel. I looked for what I thought was a proper name in a dictionary of names that explained the meaning of each name. I chose ‘Uriel’ that means: ‘Light of God’. I thought it was appropriate since my friend was not a practicing Catholic and I wanted to ask his Guardian Angel to help him see the light. :gopray2:
Now, after many years of asking ‘Uriel’ to help my friend,I find out ‘Uriel’ is the name of an Archangel mentioned in the apocryphal Jewish ‘Book of Enoch’! Wow, did I give my friend’s Angel a wrong name?:banghead:

Alma

:blessyou:

I just tell Ted that is what I’m going to call him, until I know his name. I reckon he understands.

Don’t fret you are not naming them, just calling them something, I’m sure that they understand that you are trying to be respectful.

Hi,

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I just look at the name that I call my Guardian angel as a nick name. If and when I get to heaven he/she can tell me what it really is.

What is a name? It is simply a word that we use to associate with a person. In older times they would be more like titles, giving a fitting description to the person so-named. There is nothing wrong with naming an Angel, or with asking the Angel for his name. Either way we are simply looking for something to call them.

Regarding Uriel, it is true that this was the name of an Archangel in the Book of Enoch. But then again, George is the name of the President. Does that mean no one else can be called George?

How do you get an answer from your Guardian Angel regarding what he would like to be called? This is all very interesting to me. 🙂

I believe our angels love us so much that they understand we do not know their heavenly names and are happy that we choose to call them by a nickname because at least it demonstrates our awareness of their presence and their great duty to guard and protect us. Just think about atheists or those of other religions who do not even recognize guardian angels. Those poor angels!

I have also found that if I need my husband to really understand some important issue, I will ask my angel to speak to his angel. It works every time! 😉

:angel1:

40.png
cantrell:
How do you get an answer from your Guardian Angel regarding what he would like to be called? This is all very interesting to me. 🙂
Usually, one simply asks that the Angel let them know somehow. It could be simply the next name that comes into their head, or some sign that they know in their heart is the name of the Angel.

Here’s one. I know a very dear Priest, who tells me that his Guardian Angel wears jeans and a buffalo plaid shirt, and (if I remember correctly) his name is Tom.

40.png
mercygate:
Here’s one. I know a very dear Priest, who tells me that his Guardian Angel wears jeans and a buffalo plaid shirt, and (if I remember correctly) his name is Tom.
Ted wears cobalt tinged plate mail and wields a bastard sword, but he has a 1911 ready as well, ivory grips.

The DRE told me at teachers meeting once, that she had been given my angels name in a vision or something. She said he was Jude. Then she went on to tell how Mary had sent her a cat.

Golly, why doesn’t anything cool like that happen to me? My angel (Jude of course) must be going “Hey, stupid, I’m trying to tell you something.”

I’ve been told that if you pray to your guardian angel before you fall asleep on the eve of the feast of the guardian angels and ask him to reveal his name to you, he will do so during your dreams.

Anyone else ever hear that?

amy

40.png
ames61:
I’ve been told that if you pray to your guardian angel before you fall asleep on the eve of the feast of the guardian angels and ask him to reveal his name to you, he will do so during your dreams.

Anyone else ever hear that?

amy
It sounds like a pious myth, but it couldn’t hurt to try. 👍

40.png
Blanka:
I have also found that if I need my husband to really understand some important issue, I will ask my angel to speak to his angel. It works every time! 😉 :angel1:
I do this too! Usually when I don’t want someone to forget something! --KCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back