"God is a Popstar"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neithan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neithan

Guest
German Electronica band *Oomph! *released a major single debut today called *Gott ist ein Popstar *(God is a Popstar). The lyrics have sparked some notable controversy already. You can check out their new video here (and website), which is already in rotation on german tv networks. They sound much like Rammstein, and for those of you that can understand German, I’m sure you’ll find the lyrics interesting. The tune is pretty catchy too. These guys have an obvious agenda!
It’s fascinating to see how blatantly Satan shows his face sometimes ;). Of course the music industry has always been one of his favourite haunts.
 
Im not so fresh on my german…

Anyway, they’re satanists?
 
Don’t think they’re Satanists as in the “Church of Satan,” but they definitely are doing his work! Whether they realise that or not… I think music like this poignantly demonstrates the corruption of a highly decadent culture such as our own. I wonder how long it will last like this–I think we all sense a severe tension in society these days, one that is eventually going to snap.
 
There is nothing new about “controversey”.

But you know what really frightens me? Repression, suppression and elimination of civil rights. THAT is scary.

Every individual has a powerful option when faced with offensive media—TURN IT OFF. We do still have that right don’t we?
 
40.png
Coyote:
Every individual has a powerful option when faced with offensive media—TURN IT OFF. We do still have that right don’t we?
Sure, but I’m not arguing for censorship here if that’s what you’re driving at; just pointing out another embodiment of the secular anti-christ. I don’t even find this all that offensive to be honest. But that’s part of the danger actually.
One interesting part is where the singer says “hallowed be the lies …] the lies will set you free” (sung in german) obviously in mockery of the Our Father and words of Christ, but the irony is that the singer is revealing the falsity of his own message. Instead of the Name of God, hallowed be secular Reason; instead of the truth of Christ, the lies of individualism will set you free!

That freedom from religion will ‘set you free’ is the actual lie being propagated here. Everybody worships something, and if it isn’t God (even if you think He is only an idea in our heads) then an Idol will take His place. Money, Sex, Technology, or the ever-popular Ego seem to be prevalent choices nowadays.
 
Well hello everyone,

Allow me to speak please; OOMPH! here make an interesting point. Not truly that God is wrong, more so the organized religions. (I am not going to go any further in why)

Many Atheists, the non-radical ones, stand against organized religions. (Others like Richard Dawkins, want to destroy the idea of God) For many politically are corrupt, no matter how faithful the people are. OOMPH! has if you dig deep on them, are against the organized religions, just like 4Chan’s attack on Scientology.

Removing ones self from an organized religion is more the truth to set someone free. To take the path they want to, sure many radical atheists think God is wrong, but I would say its more about finding a path that works.

(I understand my name is an Oxymoron, its made to be…as it makes me not exist if said statement was true)

Well, that is all from me for now…I just wanted to pop in and say hello.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top