God, love and abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnStrachan

New member
This is likely to sound like I’m being really judgemental toward God, but that isn’t my intention. I find it difficult to reconcile the love of God for me but not the unborn. I understand the doctrine of free will, but aren’t the unborn worth something in the eyes of God? If we believe in an interventionist God, how can the killing of innocents be permitted?
 
The direct and intentional killing of innocents is always and everywhere evil.
whether it’s the Amalakite women and children from the OT or our aborted children, taking the life innocents is grave evil.
 
Last edited:
Why would you think God doesn’t love the unborn, or anyone else who is unjustly killed?
God loves everybody.
I am sure he takes the murdered unborn children straight to Heaven.

The fact that he might allow man to have free will to kill innocent babies or even to murder innocent adults going about their business, does not mean God doesn’t love the victims of the murder.
 
If we believe in an interventionist God, how can the killing of innocents be permitted?
Deep question … and not so readily understood.

God’s permissive Will wrt and because of the necessity of Man’s having free will
  • does not equate to mean that God actively Wills Man’s SIN…
That same question could be asked with respect to any and all forms of Evil,
including Death Itself and Lies, and Stealing… Etc. Because of Satan…

Thing is - Those who remain in LOVE and TRUTH - shall indeed wind up in God’s Kingdom
and one Fine Day - Satan, Evil, Sin, Death, shall be no more - forevermore…

Man had to have Free Will - to have the nature to become Actual Children of God…
 
Last edited:
I’m sorry. Is it your assertion that the Catholic position is that God does not love the unborn?
 
I’m sorry. Is it your assertion that the Catholic position is that God does not love the unborn?
I didn’t say that - though I can see how you might have come to that conclusion. I just wrestle with the notion that a God of love allows heinous things to happen - but I suppose it is a result of our fallen nature. Our God is a God who suffers. I guess one could conclude that His suffering is an act of solidarity with all of mankind.
 
God inspires lots of us to act for preborn children like inspiring us to mount vigil outside abortion clinics. We stand there with pictures of our Lady the Mother of God and of all mothers. We respond to his prompting of us to love our preborn at-risk brother and sisters
 
I’m sorry. Is it your assertion that the Catholic position is that God does not love the unborn?
God Hates Abortion aka Murder of babes in the Womb. … .It is a most serious Evil with over 1.5 Billion Aborted worldwide since c.1980… It’s considered a genuine and hopeful possibility that God shall bring into Heaven - all those who were thus murdered…

Voting for Pro-Abortion Politicians is a major No-No…
 
A God of love allows bad things because if we were pre programed to just love Him and do His will we would be nothing more than a computer program that says " I love you" to God. God allows evil because then the choice to love God means something. God desires our love. So He gives us the choice to break His heart. That way each act of love means something to God.
 
I am completely baffled as to how you arrive at the idea that God does not love the unborn.

And God does not intervene, as that borders on either denying or revoking free will.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top