GOD"S WILL

• Thread starter Thread starter DEESYPAL
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEESYPAL

How can one know GOD’s will? What are the steps?

I am very confused and I get all depressed because I dont know what GOD wants from me!!

Very simple. Ask the question: “Is what I am about to do going to lead myself and others to a greater growth in holiness?”

What is holiness? It is the practice of being “set apart for the purpose of becoming all that you were intended to be in Christ.”

You have numerous choices set before you each day. You can take many paths and still grow in holiness. Some choices that you make may speed you along while others may be a rougher journey to where God intends you to be. Even so, persevere.

Success is only for those who endure…the overcomers…those who run and finish the race, even if they come in at the back of the pack.

Last Sunday’s Gospel (6th Sun of Easter, John 14) is a great place to start

If you love Me you will keep My commandments.

40.png
DEESYPAL:
How can one know GOD’s will? What are the steps?

I am very confused and I get all depressed because I dont know what GOD wants from me!!
I don’t know tha answer to your question but may be able to help you in one way.
Having read a lot of the saying’s of Saint John Vianney, one thing he preached in his sermons was about freewill.

He said “the only thing we have from God that we can call our own, is our freewill, and we should make an offering of it to God every-day”.

So I suggest you make an offering of your freewill to God, and let God take care of the rest.

Even Jesus did the will of the Father, “your will not mine be done”----and also it’s mentioned in the Our-Father.

Hope this helps you a little.:blessyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back