God Talking To You

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lormar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lormar

Guest
How do you know when Our Lord is speaking to you? How do you know it’s Him and not you?

When you ask a question in prayer, and you seem to immediately get an answer, how do you know it’s not you answering yourself and that it is Our Lord?
 
Good questions! The hallmarks of messages from the Lord are:
  1. Sudden inspiration that seems to come from nowhere.
  2. A sudden, intrusive thought that is not something you would normally think.
  3. Clarity. It’s not ambiguous.
  4. Peace.
 
You know, I’m well into my sixties, and I’ve never been able to know when He is speaking to me.
 
A priest covered this in a homily I heard a few weeks ago.
He said when we pray, and get an answer we don’t expect, we know that is God.
 
I bet that’s my trouble too. How can I expect to hear Him when I’m so distracted?
 
If you have a strong faith and trust in God, he will communicate spiritually. You will know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top