God totally ROCKS!

• Thread starter Thread starter MichelleTherese
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MichelleTherese

I just had to share this with you all!! My mother recently passed away from cancer in October. I had the immense blessing of being able to drop everything and go East and be with her for a month before she left this world.
The night she died I slept at her house and was on a mat in the livingroom where she was laying in a bed. I prayed a long and beautiful rosary before going to sleep. I got up at Midnight to administer her 2-hourly pain killer and then when I made to move away to go back to sleep I felt a very powerful urge to STAY RIGHT HERE. I tried to get up several more times but each time I felt as if I were being “told” (in my heart, not via words) not to budge but to stay right there with mom. So I sat there and gazed lovingly into her eyes.
She was at the point where she was breathing hard and wouldn’t close her eyes. She was still aware though and could, with difficulty, respond verbally if spoken to - but I didn’t pester her because I knew it was hard for her to talk. I just sat there and made sure she could see me as I gazed into her eyes - about two feet from her. Suddenly, she died! Just Gasp and then…she passed so peacefully away.
I realized then that if I had gone back to my mat I probably would have slept right through her dying and my worst nightmare would have been realized: mom would have died alone.
I honestly believe that it was the Holy Spirit who prompted me to stay put beacause God knew mom’s time was near.
God totally rocks!! He’s always watching out and taking such good care of me in all things!!!

How beautiful. I am sorry about the loss of your mom. What a blessing for you to be with her and how the Holy Spirit made sure that happened. Those stories always give me goose bumps. My mom died instantly and wasn’t sick so that was difficult. But my grandmother died with all of us around her after suffering for eleven years.

May she rest in peace, in the glory of the Lord forever.

I’m so sorry about your mom. You and your family are in my prayers.
*Eternal rest grant unto her, oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen. *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back