L
LongingForLight
Guest
Now that Lent is over, I am finding my spiritual growth is seeking a new direction. This happens every year, so it’s about time I found an outlet.
During Lent, I usually say a daily Rosary. However, this is a real sacrifice not only for me, but for my family - who must do without my work for 20 minutes of uninterrupted time while I pray. I also find the intensity of the Rosary prayer is a little much for me right now to continue indefinitely (yes, I am still quite weak spiritually).
I’m thinking that at least for Easter, I should maybe seek a devotion or set of devotions that can be broken up into small pieces throughout the day, or can be done in public without calling attention to myself so I can do it during my commute or lunch break, to reduce the burden on my family. Because Easter is a season of rejoicing and new life, I would like to focus on something positive or creative for the next weeks.
Any thoughts?
During Lent, I usually say a daily Rosary. However, this is a real sacrifice not only for me, but for my family - who must do without my work for 20 minutes of uninterrupted time while I pray. I also find the intensity of the Rosary prayer is a little much for me right now to continue indefinitely (yes, I am still quite weak spiritually).
I’m thinking that at least for Easter, I should maybe seek a devotion or set of devotions that can be broken up into small pieces throughout the day, or can be done in public without calling attention to myself so I can do it during my commute or lunch break, to reduce the burden on my family. Because Easter is a season of rejoicing and new life, I would like to focus on something positive or creative for the next weeks.
Any thoughts?