Good translation of ECFs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

Guest
I was reading a volume of the Ante-Nicene Fathers and in one of the footnotes it talked about how the “Luthers,Anglicans, and Romanists” try to use a certain phrase to prove the real precense of Jesus in the Eucharist (however defined by the respective groups) which really told me to return it to the Lyb. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sets of the ECFs (both Ante- and Post Nicene Fathers) that is an acurate translation (I know that one could translate words in a verioty of diffrent ways depending on ones religious title) and a good commentary? thanks and God bless.
 
I was reading a volume of the Ante-Nicene Fathers and in one of the footnotes it talked about how the “Luthers,Anglicans, and Romanists” try to use a certain phrase to prove the real precense of Jesus in the Eucharist (however defined by the respective groups) which really told me to return it to the Lyb. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sets of the ECFs (both Ante- and Post Nicene Fathers) that is an acurate translation (I know that one could translate words in a verioty of diffrent ways depending on ones religious title) and a good commentary? thanks and God bless.
You can read them online or print them and read them.

newadvent.org/fathers/
ccel.org/fathers2/
 
While it doesn’t provide much in the way of commentary, The Faith of the Early Fathers, a three-volume set by Jurgens is good if you don’t want to be sitting in front of a computer all the time (or using up all your ink).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top