Grace received from spiritual communion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FMLJoliecouer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FMLJoliecouer

Guest
On Christmas eve, i attended Mass, did not receive communion, but did do a confession the day before. I just did a spiritual communion, as per usual…

I was baptized RC, adopted out of the faith at 15mons, found out in my 20’s I was baptized. and have just started going to a Catholic Church on a very regular basis since earlier this year

I am unable to receive communion, because of the possiblity of a scandal. I have been living with a man for 9 yrs, with a son together, and am not available at this time to marry. We have not however, been having sexual relations for quite some time…about a year. We are both ok with this arrangement and in fact, I’d have to say, we are closer.

My priest and I have talked about it and that is not the issue.

Now…on Christmas day…I was only 4 days sober from my addiction…hardest 4 days of my life, so far…but on Christmas day…I woke up and since then I have felt like a totally different person…everything has changed or is in change…
Its not how I feel, because I know feelings can be deceptive…Its more of a knowing…knowing I am currently being held by Jesus and he is literally carrying me…He knows the mess my life has become and is now with me…but I know it this time…I dont just feel it…I had the best Christmas I have ever had in my life…
Just with my family, no company, and it was beautiful…we had no money for presents, but it didnt matter…we did get stuff form local charities though…

So my question is…can one receive graces from spirtitual communion and if so, was it something I did to earn them…or did God just decide it was time to be real generous with me, or was it all the people in my church praying for me?

All I can say is Thanks be to God
 
On Christmas eve, i attended Mass, did not receive communion, but did do a confession the day before. I just did a spiritual communion, as per usual…

I was baptized RC, adopted out of the faith at 15mons, found out in my 20’s I was baptized. and have just started going to a Catholic Church on a very regular basis since earlier this year

I am unable to receive communion, because of the possiblity of a scandal. I have been living with a man for 9 yrs, with a son together, and am not available at this time to marry.

My priest and I have talked about it and that is not the issue.

Now…on Christmas day…I was only 4 days sober from my addiction…hardest 4 days of my life, so far…but on Christmas day…I woke up and since then I have felt like a totally different person…everything has changed or is in change…
Its not how I feel, because I know feelings can be deceptive…Its more of a knowing…knowing I am currently being held by Jesus and he is literally carrying me…He knows the mess my life has become and is now with me…but I know it this time…I dont just feel it…I had the best Christmas I have ever had in my life…
Just with my family, no company, and it was beautiful…we had no money for presents, but it didnt matter…we did get stuff form local charities though…

So my question is…can one receive graces from spirtitual communion and if so, was it something I did to earn them…or did God just decide it was time to be real generous with me, or was it all the people in my church praying for me?

All I can say is Thanks be to God
Hi, there.

Many recent converts like myself, excited in joining the faith, seem to have a certain sensitivity to how our fellow Catholics follow the faith…or don’t, such as dressing inappropriately or not paying attention during the Eucharist, or other minor details that suggest that their practice of their faith is more “going through the motions” rather than with discernment, contrition and importance in what they do.

That said, I’m not above the need to keep on my toes, either. But based on your thoughts, I believe that the Lord is with you, too. For you show humility and respect in your circumstance. You don’t ignore the “technicalities” of your situation and adhere to the Church’s teachings as best as you can.

You not only recognize your personal issues but fight them, hard, and appear to recognize that God can (and will always) help you in your fight.

Were that more of us were like you in your faith. You appear to have received the greatest gift of all: an infusion of the Holy Spirit on one of the most appropriate of times. I do not know of the particulars of Church teaching of spiritual communion. However, I do believe that such a thing is especially applicable to people such as you when the actual Eucharist is not available. Hopefully someone in the Ordinary can add to this.

Blessings to you and your family, and may the Lord continue to keep you moving to the right path.
 
On Christmas eve, i attended Mass, did not receive communion, but did do a confession the day before. I just did a spiritual communion, as per usual…

I was baptized RC, adopted out of the faith at 15mons, found out in my 20’s I was baptized. and have just started going to a Catholic Church on a very regular basis since earlier this year

I am unable to receive communion, because of the possiblity of a scandal. I have been living with a man for 9 yrs, with a son together, and am not available at this time to marry. We have not however, been having sexual relations for quite some time…about a year. We are both ok with this arrangement and in fact, I’d have to say, we are closer.

My priest and I have talked about it and that is not the issue.

Now…on Christmas day…I was only 4 days sober from my addiction…hardest 4 days of my life, so far…but on Christmas day…I woke up and since then I have felt like a totally different person…everything has changed or is in change…
Its not how I feel, because I know feelings can be deceptive…Its more of a knowing…knowing I am currently being held by Jesus and he is literally carrying me…He knows the mess my life has become and is now with me…but I know it this time…I dont just feel it…I had the best Christmas I have ever had in my life…
Just with my family, no company, and it was beautiful…we had no money for presents, but it didnt matter…we did get stuff form local charities though…

So my question is…can one receive graces from spirtitual communion and if so, was it something I did to earn them…or did God just decide it was time to be real generous with me, or was it all the people in my church praying for me?

All I can say is Thanks be to God
A person can receive Actual Grace from a Spiritual Act.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top